The new picture all cleaned up...

• Sponsors (?)

tylers65 said:
This one was done in the virtual body shop for me, it is close, but not quite dark enough. Anyone else care to help a fella out?

agt.jpg
The top is still gray......FYI

DevilishCobra03 said:
The top is still gray......FYI

I noticed that from the first picture. But I'm not complaining. I just wanted to see what it would look like the same color as my 65 fastback.

If anyone wants to take the time to make one for me the proper way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tyler

Teal (turquoise, aqua) is a tough color to get right, always comes out too light, when I try to get it darker all the highlights go grey and when I punch up the saturation it gets too light again...

IMO, if the hood and side scoops are not functional, I don't want them. The one thing about my 2003 GT I don't like are the fake and completely non-functional scoops. Now if they add them and they do something - anything - for cooling/whatever, I'm fine with it.

There may be a long tradition of having fake scoops on Mustangs, but really, is this a tradition worth keeping alive?

Mark

usa1 said:
IMO, if the hood and side scoops are not functional, I don't want them. The one thing about my 2003 GT I don't like are the fake and completely non-functional scoops. Now if they add them and they do something - anything - for cooling/whatever, I'm fine with it.

There may be a long tradition of having fake scoops on Mustangs, but really, is this a tradition worth keeping alive?

Mark

It isn't that long of a tradition. The fake scoops really didn't become a normal thing on Mustangs until the SN-95. So we are talking 1994 to 2004. 10 years out of 40 hardly makes it a tradition.

tylers65 said:
It isn't that long of a tradition. The fake scoops really didn't become a normal thing on Mustangs until the SN-95. So we are talking 1994 to 2004. 10 years out of 40 hardly makes it a tradition.

The original 64.5 car had fake scoops. Fake scoops have been normal on performance cars since at least the 60s. I think they're dumb, but some people appear to like them.

66Satellite said:
The original 64.5 car had fake scoops. Fake scoops have been normal on performance cars since at least the 60s. I think they're dumb, but some people appear to like them.

Show me a 64.5 with fake scoops. If you are refering to the chrome trim along the side scallops, I hate to break it to you, but that is not a "scoop" in any way shape or form. It is a riveted on piece of chrome that accents the side. It actually fits the contout of the scallop and does not protrude from it as a scoop would.

tylers65 said:
Show me a 64.5 with fake scoops. If you are refering to the chrome trim along the side scallops, I hate to break it to you, but that is not a "scoop" in any way shape or form. It is a riveted on piece of chrome that accents the side. It actually fits the contout of the scallop and does not protrude from it as a scoop would.

Huh? That's a fake scoop. Not a fake hood scoop but a scoop nevertheless. Chrysler and GM had fake side scoops on their 60s cars as well.