Time to change trans fluid on manual..

yes, yes it would be...lol, if i bought one already..which i havent...i dont know how long its been sense the trans been changed if ever...i bought it at 50K and its now 61K and i havent changed it, so it is acting a lil funky, ill change the oil and do the shifter later on

• Sponsors (?)

Ya know, I'm a huge fan of Supertech now.. its mostly rebadged namebrands like vavoline for half the price. There was even an article found in google that tested certain ATF brands and it didn't do bad at all.

Well, "it hasn't been changed in forever" isn't hurting it.. cause the recommended mileage trans fluid change is 60K mi, which is where you're at. Even so, the owners manual never said to actually change it... all I found after reading it (pdf version of it from Ford's website) is how to 'check and add' fluid without mention of actually replacing; it also didn't say to actually change the trans fluid in the 'myford' page - but one of the generic Ford maintainence schedule did state it if applicable though. Personally, I changed it just cause thought it would make the transmission last a little longer.