Tinted Taillights Pt. 2

This is a follow-up to the other post about this that alot of people asked for pictures on. Got some pics of the new taillights now (not happy with the last ones I did) I like these 100 times better. Used the Nightshades spray on em, no clearcoat. Just removed the light sprayed them down, waited for them to dry and slapped them back on the car. Here's the new pics:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4434574&uid=2157802

Alot of people have been asking about this stuff so I thought I'd show you what they look like. - Mark

• Sponsors (?)

:nice:

My only question is that it is hard to determine the intensity through a picture. It looks good in the picture, but ow is the light transmission in person? You won't be getting rear-ended because of them will you?

nickthegenius said:
:nice:

My only question is that it is hard to determine the intensity through a picture. It looks good in the picture, but ow is the light transmission in person? You won't be getting rear-ended because of them will you?

Its actually pretty good. At night they light up just fine, especuially with brakes on cause 3rd brake light is SOOOO bright. During day, when braking its the same. Not as bright as stock but definitely visible. And as for legality, I was in front of a cop tonight at a stoplight and for about a m,ile down the road and i didnt get pulled over or anything so Im assuming it looks fine to them too :shrug: If somebody wants to host a vid for me (10 mb) I have a vid of them with me braking and letting off (new dr gas and BBK lts revving up as well :D ) Thanks - Mark

does anyone have this on a white car? i've been working on the white car with black trim look and this is definately tempting.. but it's so matte looking it might be a drop too understated for me.. and with the seq taillights under it, seems like i'd be hiding them..

on a black car like that it looks awsome tho, nice job man.

GoBabyVroommm said:
Damn in the last thread i didn't like it so much, it looked ok but now i wouldn't mind doing it to my car. This picture is better where can i get this stuff and if it rains does it come off?

Yah I resprayed them darker and without letting it dry in between coats (just kept spraying till it was dark as I wanted) and it turned out shinier and way better looking. It's like spraypaint, it wont come off in the rain and it seems to hold up very well (had it for 7 months last time I did em with no problem). Feels and looks like it coulda come from the factory that way. You can get it from summittracing.com Just search for nightshades I think with shipping its like $18 or something.

Oh yay 100th post!

GoBabyVroommm said:
Niiceeeee!!!!

What do you think about doing the head lights with a little tint in it????

I've heard people say it's not the best idea. My suggestion would be (if you have extra cash layin around) is to buy an pair of your lights off ebay or something and spray those so in case it is to dark or the light doesnt go through too good you can just put the originals back on and sell the tinted ones on ebay or something to someone who doesnt care. Maybe if it was just a tiny bit it wouldn't matter but I don't know, dont wanna say for sure cause I haven't tried it and I dont wanna be responsible for f'in up your car.. :shrug: . - mark

DarkHorse02GT said:
AGH i keep forgetting about that damn thing... Can anyone tell me how to get it off? How do you do it with a hair dryer?

just heat it up w/ a hair dryer and then peel it off w/ ur finger nail once it is hot enough to start to loosen the adhesive. takes about 15 minutes and its easy!!! afterwards, use some wax or something to clean the spot where the sticker was :nice:

i have the same stuff on my tail lights- had them on about of year and they still look great. i but them on the amber corner of the headlights-not as muchas i did on the tail lights- and it worked well for me. sometimes u can still see the orange when its sitting but it does not stick out as much. when the turn signal is on- its is very clear

Looks great on the Black GT - thanks for the PM, DarkHorse! But I guess I was wrong in assuming that they were sprayed on the inside of the lens - or has anyone tried this?
Either way, I'm doing this soon...