Took the Stang to the track finally.

echo7

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
FL
On our way home from vacation up north, stopped at Atlanta Dragway for some fun.

This is my best run, vs another V6 Mustang (white, 5-speed). He was bone stock from what I could see.

Mines an auto, running regular 87 octane, and just the loud dual exhaust as far as mods go. My reaction time was .5ish so thus the 15.7 time. Had a blast though.

YouTube - Drag Racing in my 05 Auto V6 Mustang

slip.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I also just did the math, when you take my 15.733 run and take off my horrid .581 reaction time, my car did the 1/4 in 15.152 sec. If I ever do it again, I'm gonna be working on nailing that last yellow light. :)

Ahh, did some reading up. Thought it was added into the E/T but I was wrong. :)

But I see now how it can still be used to get you "hole shot" win, per say.

Makes me feel like my car is slower than I thought, lol. Though the moded V6 mustang that was there (exhaust, CAI, retune and 91 octane) only pulled off a 15.4 and that white one never broke into the 15's, guess I'm alright. Was pretty hot and muggy that day.

Yeah, I bet even with a tune I could do a lot better. Would tighten up the shifts and get rid of some of the lag at launch. Sometimes it just feels like I'm giving it 1/5th throttle at the start, then 3 seconds later it's finally at full throttle.

i would say get a tuner, with the drop in k&n filter and dual exhaust, you might be losing a few ponies because you may be running a bit lean. don't feel bad about your times, the first time at the track normally brings doubt. the numbers are never quite what your hoping for. the dyno is normally the same say. i've seen many walking away scratching their head,wondering what happened. it happens to most of us. just keep your head up, keep modding and having fun. you will be broke before you know it. lol like most of us. lol

Yeah, I'm definitely loosing some torque off the line with those dual Loudmouths. I slapped my dual GT mufflers back on not to long ago and could tell a difference. I'm worried that I could possibly be burning some valves if I don't have enough back pressure, which is why I swapped to begin with. Lately I've had a few times when starting up that it takes say, 4-8 cranks to start, where usually it'll start on 2-3 every time. Still runs good and strong though, so I dunno.

The tuner is something I really have been wanting to do for awhile, and possibly the last thing I would do. I REALLY want to save up for a new 5.0 someday. That would be the ultimate upgrade for me. :D I just wanted mine to look good, but found out the 4.0 doesn't sound so bad, it's no V8, but it sure aint annoying either.

If I ever get back up there to Atlanta Dragway, I'd love to do some runs with the dual GT exhausts to see the difference. :)

I hear ya on the 5.0. Maybe after I finish paying my kid's college bills. In the meantime, my 4.0 is not so bad. Decent pickup, good gas mileage, nice sound... overall, not bad. I've only had it 3 months, but would love to add the dual exhaust and the cold air induction. Only issue is I'm still working on my 64 1/2. Let us know what you do next with your stang.

Well I don't know what got into me, but started looking into and shopping around for a DiabloSport tuner. Next thing I know I went and got a used one on eBay for $185. Just tonight I got to fill up on 93 octane and loaded up the Firm shift tune, holy cow!

I got a K&N CAI on order too, found one new for $224 on eBay. Not as bad as I first thought; was thinking I'd have to plop out $300 for each. I gotta make another video again when I get the CAI for comparison, and so you can see what it does to an automatic, shewy!