Turbosnake95's Dart 331 / T-76 Turbo build up!

TurboSnake95

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
Spanaway, Washington
Well here are some pics that I have since my website is not done yet, enjoy.

Engine specs:
Its a Dart 8.2 based 331 w/ 9:1 compression. All forged internals (Scat 4340 Crank and H-beam Rods, Probe Dished Pistons), Clevite 77 bearings, Total seal classic race fittings, SFI Balancer, SFI Flex plate @ 28 ounces, Cometic Head gaskets, 7qrt Canton rear sump Drag pan, AFR 185's (ported), Trick Flow R upper and lower (ported), Custom grind Turbo cam. Injector's: Flow matched 72lb's.

Dart block w/ Cometic head gaskets:
Cylinders.jpg

Heads with rockers installed:
Rockers.jpg

Side engine view:
SideEngine2.jpg

Front engine view:
FrontEngine.jpg

Upper and Lower Trick Flow R intake:
IntakeSystem.jpg

SFI Balancer and belt tensioner waiting to go on:
Pulley2.jpg

Built C-4 to handle all the ponies:
Transmission.jpg

Won't miss any gears with this shifter :D :
Shifter.jpg

Custom PTC converter, just arrived today:
TorqueConverter.jpg

SFI Trans blanket, to save my feet:
Blanket.jpg

Fuel system:

FuelPump.jpg

FuelSump.jpg

F.A.S.T. B2B system, to conrtol everything:
FastSystem.jpg

I have more pics, but this should do for now. Soon as I get the Engine and Tranny bolted into the car, then off to Turbo Technology for its custom SN94-95 Race kit. Will get pics of that during the build process for everyone.

Thanks for looking,

Will:flag:

Attachments

• Cylinders.jpg
    Cylinders.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Rockers.jpg
    Rockers.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 133
  • FrontEngine.jpg
    FrontEngine.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 109
  • SideEngine2.jpg
    SideEngine2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IntakeSystem.jpg
    IntakeSystem.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Pulley2.jpg
    Pulley2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Transmission.jpg
    Transmission.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Shifter.jpg
    Shifter.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 110
  • TorqueConverter.jpg
    TorqueConverter.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 99
  • Blanket.jpg
    Blanket.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 107
  • FuelPump.jpg
    FuelPump.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 119
  • FuelSump.jpg
    FuelSump.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 112
  • FastSystem.jpg
    FastSystem.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Sponsors (?)

DAMN! That's an increadible buildup. It gives me some idea of what my shortblock will look like soon! LOL!

What balancer is that? I haven't bought mine yet as I'm unsure of what I'm doing with the balancing.

How much lower than stock is that oil pan if you know?

Keep this thread updated!!!

Killercanary said:
DAMN! That's an increadible buildup. It gives me some idea of what my shortblock will look like soon! LOL!

What balancer is that? I haven't bought mine yet as I'm unsure of what I'm doing with the balancing.

How much lower than stock is that oil pan if you know?

Keep this thread updated!!!

Powerbond SFI Certified Race Balancer
balancer.jpg

Powerbond SFI Certified Race Balancer. Solid hub design, Australian made, high quality SFI balancer. Does NOT require the use of a spacer. Please specify counterweight, 50, 28 or Internal as well as 3 (early) or 4 bolt (late) model bolt pattern.

Not sure on the oil pan, doesn't look much lower, but was told thier would be no problems, I will find out in a couple of days though lol.

And thank you everyone on the positive motivation, you have know idea how frustrating this has been for me at times lol, The car has been on stands for 1 year now while saving the pennies for everything.

Will

Attachments

• balancer.jpg
    balancer.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 93
wytstang said:
Thats a sweet combo you have keep us updated if you can. Do you have any specific goals you shooting for as for a et, rwhp/tq?

Well with the 50% Pump gas / 50% C16 gas, Im looking for anything over 700-800 rwhp:shrug: As far as times, I want to be able to drive it to the track on some new Micky Thompson Drag Radial's and run low 10's @ 135+ and then drive it home. Even with the C-4 I will have 3.27's out back which will place me around 2150 or so rpm @ around 65-70 mph cruising, still very streetable.

This setup is capable of putting me well into the 9's, I'm just not ready to go that route since there is alot more safety requirements that must be met. Maybe in a few years. My safety equipment now lets me go to 10.00, and thats good enough for me atm lol.

Will

94gts said:
not raggin on ya, but why an automatic?

1. The possible power output of close to 900-1000 HP at the engine
2. Shift consistancy
3. Able to build Boost at the line with 2 Step and Transbrake
4. No bad clutch excuses
5. Never miss a shift
6. Will be in full boost all the way down the track, where as in a manual when you shift you lose manifold pressure
7. Never have to replace that damn throw out bearing again
8. Will run consistant E.T's
9. Never have to worry about shearing the teeth of the tranny gears
10. No more clutches
11. Also even though this is an Auto, it still shift's like a manual:D

These are just some of the reason's, there are alot more.

I was running a Tremmec TKO and I like this setup much more with what I have in the car.

Will

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Nice project. GOOD LUCK!

In the first photo, it doesn't look like one of the dog bones is seated all the way. I can't tell if it is fixed in the second pic but just wanted to give you a heads up just incase.

69clark said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Nice project. GOOD LUCK!

In the first photo, it doesn't look like one of the dog bones is seated all the way. I can't tell if it is fixed in the second pic but just wanted to give you a heads up just incase.

Yah I seated them all by having to rotate the crank a little, thier all good to go. Thanks for the look out:nice:

Will