Twin Turbo Hennessey Vipers are FAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

MysticKeith50 said:
I am going to put the suit on for this one(flames)..not sure where to start but those Vipers especially a Henn., shouldn't be compared to our cars. Yeah they are balls fast, but the price tag will rip your you know whats off. Plus, a twin turbo v-10..its not fair :nonono:. I just think it is amazing that people think these cars are like :worship: . I may think wierd but just take a new Cobra or an S-351, S-281, etc, put some money into the suspension and some mods(hell you could spend another $30k and not catch the Henn's price tag) and you will have a mustang that will corner better, accelerate out of the turns with the best and put some groceries in the back seat...oh yeah thats right, you also have a back seat in a stang. Before I get executed by everyone :flame: I would like to end this reply with saying that the Henn is disgustingly fast..my god it is, but it would be a truley amazing car if it cost even $50k, not the ridiculous tag they have now. We might as well talk about the Lamborghini Murcialago's. That special they did in Car and Driver or whatever...they put an extract $100k or something into that Viper. I could make an 89 lx do back flips for $200k :rlaugh: I am just a die hard mustang fan...i think they are truely the most under-appreciated car by magazine editors, car people, etc. Bombs away!!
Although you are mostly right......you have to rememeber it is still a Mustang with a $hit load of money dumped into it. The Viper is in a whole different class than a Mustang. Yeah yeah, buy a $35K 03 Cobra put $5,000 in mods in it and it will walk a Viper. That's awesome and all, but it is still a Cobra. If you wanna start that argument that a Cobra will beat a Viper for less money, then you could always say that a Hennesey Viper will walk a Ferrari for less money and blah blah blah.

Please don't think I am knocking Mustang's/Cobra's....it's just that you can't compare the two.

Twin Turbo Viper

I'm looking for a Viper to build our twin turbo prototype on. I'll put our stuff up against Hennessey's any day. I won't rob customers or rake them over the coals by adding an extra $20k in profit just because they drive an expensive car. To me it's just another hot rod and I love them all. We use the best components, parts and materials available, I don't cut any corners and when I get done, I add up the costs, add a fair profit and that's what it costs, regardless of what it's for.

So if you know anyone with a Viper that might be interested, have them contact me ASAP, I'll be ready to start in the next 30-45 days. They can send me email to [email protected].

Here's a post I made earlier about our Mach 1 Twin Turbo:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=3965840#post3965840

5.0_HO_GT said:
I never knew that about him and his company. I personally would rather have the Lingenfelter Corvette. It will run nines... :drool:
Hennessy is slow LPE will walk all over them... I was at LPE about 2years ago and they had a GTS hennessy viper in their with the 750rwhp package that dynoed real low#s ... The guy at LPE said the car was still stock the intake had never been off the car.... What a joke...LPE run high 8s and still sound stock and get 24mpg... :hail2: TTvette

LPE Z CONVT said:
Hennessy is slow LPE will walk all over them... I was at LPE about 2years ago and they had a GTS hennessy viper in their with the 750rwhp package that dynoed real low#s ... The guy at LPE said the car was still stock the intake had never been off the car.... What a joke...LPE run high 8s and still sound stock and get 24mpg... :hail2: TTvette

Yes, LPE makes great stuff, I hope we might be compared in the same sentances someday, that would be a real honor. Their TT stuff was made by Incon though.

We already have an '04 Z06 scheduled and if we can't find a Viper in time, we will do it first. But I was hoping to do the Vipers first, then when we get to the Vettes, we can knock out all the LS1/LS6 stuff (Vette/Camaro/TA), that way we are staying in the same 'family' instead of jumping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.