V6 Intake Troubles

Yellow_V6

Apr 1, 2006
Colorado
I bought a intake for the V6 on ebay about two months ago finally got the chance to put it in the other day I drove it around the block and it started to make a realy weird dry sucking noise it sounded really unhealthy for the car. Does anyone now why this might be if you could help me out that be great thanks all.

My dad listened to it aswell and he thinks its sounds like a really bad grinding sound and wants me to pull the intake out.

Thats not really what I want to do I really want to make it work and sound good. I didn't put in this metal screen thing that came with the intake I wasn't sure if it was needed can anyone let me know what to do.

• Sponsors (?)

i put one in mine and it sounds like that and when i start it up it is kinda lound. had it for some time now and no problems to report so far. i think that is how it is suppose to sound

Thanks everyone one for all your help. Today I had some free time so I decided to take it down to the Dyno place down the road and they spent half and hour with it and then they said I was good to go. I wasn't really 100% convinced of what they said. So I went to go get a second opinion on the sounds of the car so I took it to the local Ford dealership and a one of the guys there that does most the work on the cars that we take in and he took it out came back ten minutes later and said it was good to go. All the places were really good to me and didn't charge me a dime. So if your in the colorado area and want some help with your mustang just ask me about the places and I will get you there adresses and I will tell you the guys to talk to.