V6 to GT gauges

04blkstallion

Jan 27, 2004
hi, i've got '04 3.8. I've fallen in love with autometer's lunar guages and i was wondering if there is any problem putting the GT version in my V6. I do intend to drop another motor in it later.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Auto Meter makes the kit for the 99-04 mustangs and its the same price as the GT. If the speedo is the same then just get the right kit. CAll Auto Meter and find out if the speedo's are the same, if not see if they can swap. I would think that they could, but hey you never know.

SonicBlue02-3.8 said:
Auto Meter makes the kit for the 99-04 mustangs and its the same price as the GT. If the speedo is the same then just get the right kit. CAll Auto Meter and find out if the speedo's are the same, if not see if they can swap. I would think that they could, but hey you never know.

I would just get the V6 kit but I'm planning on dropping a nice 8cyl motor in down the road

why would you buy a new v6 and plan to screw it up with a v8 conversion? you will have NO resale i would do the SMART thing and sell the v6 and buy a v8 of your choosing doing a swap like that on a new car is just stupid..... and its extremly hard (hard == expensive) to do so its not worth it.

fools! the gt gauge goes up to 140 if i'm not mistaken,though the tach maybe more accurate, your speedo only goes to 120, so when you put these in it will show like 60 when your actually going about 80... you would have to get a recalibration, just buy some white v6 ones....

he probably wants to swap motors out when the one he has now either gets worn out or blows way down the road. i got a 95 that will be seeing a 351 one day it has a 5sp. now. but i want a carb instead of a fuel injector.

the speedometer should work fine. It gets the same signal from the vss. all the other sensors are the same. If any of the gauges doesnt work, it will be the tach, because it recieves a different signal from a v6 motor as it does a v8 motor