What did you pay for your 05??

warrior58d

Sep 30, 2005
What did you pay for your 05?? or 06???

Hello to all, I am new to the forum here and just want to say hey to all the Stang owners out there. I am in Iraq right now saving up some cash and going to finally get the car I always wanted when I get back. Due to getting married and having kids I have always been roped into the sensible type transportation. 1-88 olds, 1-91 chevy and 1-98 Olds Mini van, can you tell when I started having kids? Anyway I will be shopping for the new 06 GT model ( I like new) since all the 05's will be gone when I get back.

The question I have for the new owners is what did you pay for your 05? The updated car has really seemed to start the craze for Mustangs all over again and all I read about and hear from the dealer when I went on leave is, "You can't buy it below sticker". I refuse to belive that and hope that I can get some sort of idea here on the board.

Thanks for all your input

I would also like to know info for people that just purchased the 06 Mustang also. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

most dealers are seling them at msrp. if you can get the A plan or X plan thats great, might find one to sell you it at invoice..but givin the demand it is unlikly. these cars fully loaded even for the GT are very reasonable, you could easily get one under/around 30k out the door( depending on options)or very close to it. the v6 are cheap as hell! lol

the dealer that quoted slapyo is out of his damn mind and wont be selling any cars... except to someone who does not know any better. :)

Huh??? What????

FFG said:
most dealers are seling them at msrp. if you can get the A plan or X plan thats great, might find one to sell you it at invoice..but givin the demand it is unlikly. these cars fully loaded even for the GT are very reasonable, you could easily get one under/around 30k out the door( depending on options)or very close to it. the v6 are cheap as hell! lol

the dealer that quoted slapyo is out of his damn mind and wont be selling any cars... except to someone who does not know any better. :)

I just have to ask. I have bought a few cars in my life but for the life of me don't have a clue on what the A plan or the X plan is???? and the post about 500 below sticker is what I want to hear...I don't think that anyone should ever pay sticker unless your buying a saturn or something. With the hold back and other incentives the dealer gets plus the fact that they fly off the show room floors means that the dealers are raking in the profit big time any time they hold the car for less then a month since they didn't have to pay any interest themselves on the car.

Bought my fully load '06 Torch Red GT at $200 over invoice from my dealership's fleet manager. Vehicle was delivered 5 weeks after early Aug. order date. I am exceptionally pleased on price, damn fast delivery time, and no games. It's worth it to really do your homework and shop around. I was told X-plan was not accepted on GT's, but can't believe my final deal was that much over X-plan price. Definitely shop around!

I paid $25,085 with X-plan and militaryappreciation on a Premium GT with machined wheels, IUP, Wheel locks, Side Airbags, manual transmission.

I assume since you are writing from Iraq that you are a servicemember of some sort. You can use the AAFES/ NavyAuto to order the exact vehicle you want below MSRP, have it delivered to any dealership in the country and stilll claim any incentives or rebates (military appreciation is probably the best one available at $500 off). I believe that if you pay for the car while you are in a hostile fire zone you can get it tax free, but don't quote me on that. The military exchange auto buying program is one of the best "perks" available IMO but very few personnel ever use it. Good luck. :flag:

I paid invoice for mine (had x-plan) back in November of last year. Had to fight the dealer tooth and nail to get the x-plan but it was a real steal of a bargain that's for sure.

I am deployed to Iraq right now also and bought my 05 GT before I left. I paid sticker for it and no tax since I had a copy of my orders sending me to FT Campbell, KY. Military does now pay taxes with a copy of orders around Campbell. It came out to just alittle over 25K.
-B