What do you guys think of this rear bumper?

Since I want the SVO skirts, the rear stock bumper won't flow at all well with the side skirts. I'm looking for something that'll compliment the side skirts and look good. I keep looking but I keep coming back to the same one. What do you guys think? If you have any other options, please post them. My main concern with the saleen bumper has to do with those exhaust tip inserts. Since I'll have the side exhaust, I don't know if they can be filled in and still look good.

s2000.jpg

s2000sideview.jpg

I like this one for some reason. It looks a lil big but still like it, a lot.
wayne11.JPG

This is the roush, but I'm not too fond of it.
2538_l.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The middle red saleen looks kind of mean with those rims but it could also be said that it reminds you of a "monkey butt." You know, those monkeys that look like they have 4 butts and a growth growing out of one?

The Green GT said:
The first one is too big. Makes the car look like an eclipse.

And the second isnt great either.

I was gonna say the same thing about the eclipse look. Too much junk in the trunk. I wouldn't want a bumper that say SALEEN on it thats wasn't actually made by SALEEN. Would that make it a FALEEN^2?

I've grown reducingly fond of our body style over the years because of the rear bumper. It just doesn't properly "close out" the rear of the car like the 99-up ones do. To top it off, there don't seem to be any really good looking ones out there. The 94-98 Saleen one doesn't do the job any better than the stocker, the Cervini's one just seems awkward, the rest seem bulky, etc.

However, since you're going with the SVO skirts, CDC used to have a type of "filler" panel that attached to the bottom of the stock bumper to cover the area under it and match up to the sides better. The reason I say used to is because I can't seem to find it anymore.

To answer some questions, both of those are Roush bumpers. The one that Nacho posted is indeed a bumper that Roush sells. It is not like the original one. They had a problem (somewhere between '98 & '00) with the manufacturer. For a while, you couldn't even get a bumper from Roush. The one that Nacho posted is actually made by Wings West and I believe roush still sells it.

More of the ORIGINAL Roush ......

IMG_1136.jpg

attachment.php

IM001766.jpg

Here's a couple of side view's .....
IM001763.jpg

IM001757.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 101