What, How Much and Where for Mod Package for 2006 GT?

06GTVERT4DE

Dec 28, 2005
Hey all! Just looking for info regarding a "complete" mod package for my new 2006 GT convertible. I am looking for a new throttle body, CAI, tuner (most likely SCT) and axle-back exhaust system. Where can I find such a system for a good rate? Also, I would appreciate suggestions for specific mods by anyone with a GT automatic that is currently using them. Thanks!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I´m like you... Stock and with lot of Q's.
But for what I´ve read, I think I'm not going to replace the TB. Some people have not had any gains at all.

I've decided to go with Brenspeed (XCT+C&L) and then go for an O/R X or H, headers and that's it... (untill I can add a saleen SC without my wife knowing about it... mhuahahaha

I would suggest a cold air kit, tuning device and a X-pipe, made a huge difference in my 05 and sounds great without being overbearing (I hate loud exhausts).

I used the JLTcold air, Diablo, a UPR Xpipe, and a Meziere water pump, car dynoed at 301.8 hp and 317 ftlbs torque and runs great at all engine speeds. I would probably add a pulley kit before I went with a throttle body as they have been proven to increase power. Good luck with yours.

Thanks!
So, X pype, headers, pullies and water pump..

My SCT II + CAI is on its way... can´t wait to recieve it... (I live 6600ft above sea level... I´m loosing more than 30% of my baby´s power and I need whatever it takes to get it bach... (already considering moving on to the beach!)

6600 ft? Damn I am at 9ft above sea level, can see the ocean from the 4th floor of our office, can be standing on the beach in under 3 minutes drive time (if the bridge isn't up :) ).

Decided on JLT and SCT

After some research, I have decided to go with the JLT intake and the XCAL II. I will probably hold off on the exhaust for a little while (until I can do the research). I am thinking MAC or FM. Any thoughts?

BTW, I spoke with the owner of JLT and found him very professional. I also think his product is visually appealing as well! :nice: