What other uses is there for a Tweecer than "beefing" up an aode.

I'm asking cause I want to do the swap in about 2 weeks and will be purchasing the tweecer soon. I really want the tweecer to make my damn aode work properly, but if I'm going to swap it out, then what's the use. I'll also be switching over to an a9l setup which has waaaayyyyyy less restrictions. So what else can a tweecer do for my car?

• Sponsors (?)

"I'll also be switching over to an a9l setup which has waaaayyyyyy less restrictions. So what else can a tweecer do for my car?"

You're gonna be in big trouble when Grady sees this thread. :rlaugh:

Tweecer will allow your ECM to grow with your car as you perform mods. You can dial in the fuel and ignition curves to maximize performance, and improve drivability. You can also take care of the "restrictions" of the SN95 style PCMs. No need to go backwards with your PCM technology. The Tweecer replaces expensive dyno tunes, or custom chips, which are only good until the next mod, or until the computer "learns" it's way around the last aforementioned dynotune.

Hopefully I said this right. I know I speak generalities. :)

Agreed. With the TwEECer, you will be using your superior processor, but tuned to an A9L-type setting (and beyond!).

If you have a TwEECer, does that mean when you do the manual trans swap, you dont need to switch computers to get rid of that auto shift bog?

That would help offset some cost right there (not needing to swap the U4 puter to get it to run optimally)....

Good luck.

If you go with the a9 you will lose the eec's control of the AOD (the E part is electric or electronic).

What other uses....

well you can change ALOT of things.

you can change A/F (best done with a w/b o2), change the MAF transfer that is SOOOOO important with the 94-95 cars, you can change the timing tables, you can change idle to be like stock on wilder setups, and that is just the tip of the berg'.

as far as when swapping from man. to auto or the other way around....I am not 100% sure but I would think the tweecer could over ride the stock tune with an auto one (of the same family).

get the R/T the datalogging is worth your cars weight in GOLD.

Think about this...

When you make a change how do you know it was in the correct direction? you have to use the log' to see if your closer or further out, also in order to make sure your chages are correct like with timing how else would you know what you enterd' was correct?

there is no way unless you can datalog.

95Vert said:
If I do swap to the a9l, it would be because I swap trannys. I can't keep my aode and change trannys. But can all of this be done without the R/T model?

you cant keep your aod and change trannys???

take out your desktop or laptops processor and put in a processor out of a 486...will it run yes, but if your going to do more changes and want the better processor what one is going to be better....a 486's or a pent. II?

i dont own one myself, but i think (along with some other slight advantages) the r/t model mainly allows you to "record" how your car was running and look at it though the comp, i might be way off but i thought that was the only major difference of the r/t

If it wasnt explicitly written, he is planning on doing a 5 spd swap AFAIK (per his sig and a thread I think he has up right now). So the trans control wont be an issue by the time he does all this.

And Blksn, thanks for your thoughts on the computer retune (making a U4 act like a T4). :nice: Seems logical to me, but this stuff is often far from logical, hence my asking.

After getting to understand that the 94+ eec uses load instead of rpm, I often wonder why they didnt go this route earlier it just seems ALOT better to base things off the actual incoming air threw the MAF than rpm?

Stock it is preaty funky but realy once it starts getting sorted out realy there is no reason to go with a PIH/a9 swap.

Well

The A9L retro fit thing is like that old horse that has been ridden way too much and in this case .............

the poor old horse is not only dead, but by now, nothing is left but bones.

I just won't add more as it is not needed.

One thing to think about what Nacho is dealing with here is ...

Yes it is true he could use the Tweecer to load a stick trans file in his original auto trans pcm

BUT

If anything went wrong with the Tweecer or if he got rid of it

He would revert back to an auto trans pcm.

Grady