What tire pressure?

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I am running Nitto 555's on my cobra (daily driver). What is the best tire pressure for good performance and traction? I know there is a range on the side of the tire, just curious to see what you guys are using. I will be dragging it a little, but my main concern is just for road performance. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I am running Nitto 555's on my cobra (daily driver). What is the best tire pressure for good performance and traction? I know there is a range on the side of the tire, just curious to see what you guys are using. I will be dragging it a little, but my main concern is just for road performance. Thanks.

I run 40 PSI up front and 32 psi out back.

They are the regular 555's. I am not gonna race much, but I thought about lowering the pressure to get better traction. However, I have heard that lowering too much could reduce speed. I am trying to find a happy medium so that it will be fine for the street (it is my daily driver) and also be good while at the track (would like to leave a constant pressure and not go up and down all the time). I will throw a gauge on them hopefully tomorrow and see what they are at, and probably lower them to 28-30. I don't race enough to justify buying the drag radials (atleast not until I NEED new tires), so trying to find a different way to help traction. Thanks, and any more input is appreciated.

You should always run what it says on the door sticker. I think its 32psi no matter what street tire it is. You should never lower the air pressure on a street tire for the track you can ruin the tire and you will have less traction.