What would you guys do? (Considering buying another Stang, long read)

No matter what anyone says, i'm going to enjoy my SVTs and continue to decimate 5.0s, hemis, and LS1s on the streets.
Maybe fox owners hate on cobra owners because they are arrogant? Always running around yapping about how they whoop everyones ass. Nothing wrong with making a point of how fast your car is, but instead of insulting fox owners, why not post some track times or similar? These guys aren't stupid they can figure out what you can and can't beat with just a time slip, this way nobody gets offended. Wouldn't hurt either if you skipped words like "decimate" in your description too.

As far as mach1 vs cobra.
One car is for people who want a distinct look, the other is for all out performance.
Nothing wrong with it either way, just be sure you don't want the performance when you go for the look, because it will burn a hole in your pocket if you change your mind.

• Sponsors (?)

To the OP, always heed a thread that says "my friend has, or my buddy has."

I actually own an 03 cobra and can speak from experience.

LB0193...he's on here, maybe he can tell you why he want's another Fox so bad for himself. I told him that he has a beautiful car and that he should keep it, but again, that's my opinion.

And besides, we all know that your SVT equipped cars pawn even the strength of a black hole.

Calico Cobra doesn't get sucked into black holes, Calico Cobra sucks in black holes and whipple-fies them...desimating eternity all while making time travel possible. Sheesh, I thought only Chuck Norris could pull those sort of feats.

We all understand you are a strong supporter of SVT and while I am more than certain your 6-700 rwhp Cobra is a baddy, it puts a smile on my face to know that there are still guys out there who put that much faith in their rides.

Can anyone on here shed some light on the tick of death for the 32V mills?

I understand it was some earlier '03's or something that were affected but supposedly it was all corrected by '04???

That's fine and dandy. However when u get butt raped by the first LS1 you race, you're going wish you had that cobra.

What do I care? :shrug: I don't race. Not everyone is so concerned with how fast other peoples cars are.

I'd take my Mach 1 in a convertible with a mach1000 stereo if I could. I drive for myself...not to impress anyone else at how fast I am...or am not.

I love cobras, don't get me wrong. I still haven't ruled out buying one for myself because I want a convertible.

Can anyone on here shed some light on the tick of death for the 32V mills?

I understand it was some earlier '03's or something that were affected but supposedly it was all corrected by '04???

It's a head tick, valve guides are the problem.
All the heads could do it, only real difference with all the supposidly different heads is that the lastest version has more threads for the spark plugs.
People say cooling mods could prevent it, but it's really just speculation, since it still happens to those guys too.

Rather than take a chance, i had my heads valve jobbed.
$550, not your typical $200 pushrod valve job.

To those of you saying get the SN95 cause it rides better, you should have a ride in my other cars. They all are the same, ride rough, loud, and handle tight. That's just my preference, so any SN95 I get will end up the same way.

i salute and approve this statement! :nice:

there are some good points and perspectives in this thread. me personally, i'd say to wait until you at least have some time to enjoy your stable of cars. like others have said, machs and cobras arent going anywhere. i also say to wait since you have a full garage and are adding the 67 this month. i also say to wait since you have some indecisiveness about it. if you were sold on it completely, you would have done it.

in the end, you cant go wrong either way and i say to do whatever works best for you and your wife.

i salute and approve this statement! :nice:

there are some good points and perspectives in this thread. me personally, i'd say to wait until you at least have some time to enjoy your stable of cars. like others have said, machs and cobras arent going anywhere. i also say to wait since you have a full garage and are adding the 67 this month. i also say to wait since you have some indecisiveness about it. if you were sold on it completely, you would have done it.

in the end, you cant go wrong either way and i say to do whatever works best for you and your wife.

Well I'm becoming less indecisive about it as the time passes. I think the big factor is if my overtime holds out through the end of the year (which we just got a huge order, so that seems to be the case) I will have the majority of the loan in cash sitting in my bank account anyway. And between my Dart, and her 67 I'm likely not going to have the time to mod the 91 anyway. However, if I do get some free time, and manage to get to the 91, I'll still have the money on hand to put the Cobra brakes on it and finish out the suspension, which I need to do before I get started on the engine anyhow (even though that's the first thing I want to start on).

I also just remembered. In addition to the work I need to do to my 91, the wife's 67, and my Dodge. I somehow have to find the time to get my Dad's 70 Chevelle running again that resides 70 miles away from my house. :p

What you might want to consider is buying a metal building from a reputable manufacturer (shameless plug) to provide more storage for your cars if you have the space to put one.

I have a 1200 sqft garage now. I've always planned to add more, just might have to do it sooner then I originally planned. I live on a couple of acres so its no big deal.

Wish I could say the same. Would you be willing to give up the WRX though to have a Mach 1 as a daily?

Nope, WRX stays, wanted one for too long to only keep it for a 1 1/2 years and sell it. If anything I'd sell the Fox. As of right now I'm not going to do that. Especially since I just ordered a set of Trickflow heads for it Tuesday. I went to a company meeting yesterday and it looks like I'm going to be pretty busy for the next year or so assuming the economy doesn't tank again. So I'm in contact with the guy that has the Mach 1 I want. Hopefully it'll be in my hands by Saturday.

Well here's an update. Couldn't get a deal worked out with the Mach 1 owner and ended up with this instead:

rr386x.jpg

2d8s7pt.jpg

w72ceg.jpg

wgy9e.jpg

99 Cobra bought from the second owner with 52K miles on it. Has a small list of mods like a SRA conversion and full exhaust (which I just found out drags when I pull into my garage :p ). Don't mind the paint, that's dew as I just got off of work and it is kinda chilly.