what's up with my oil.

i install a new trick flow manifold and when i went to start it up a slew of problems arose. my rpms run between 1,100 and 1,500 and oil leaks from my oil plugs on my valve covers. i've taken the intake manifold back off to check if the gaskets had slipped. they hadn't. i replace the termostat, it didn't help, re-adjusted the tps to as close to 1.0 volts, helped a little bit but not really. adjusted the timing to 10 degrees, didn't help. i've changed the oil thinking that maybe some coolant mixed with the oil. there was a liitle bit of mixture but didn't help. i'm going to put on a buddies ford motorsport valve cover next. please give me some ideas. every piece of info i've recieved i've used to no prevail. :bang: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

and all you changed was the upper and lower manifold corect? Everything else is the same?

If so (and I'm just guessing here) I'd say that something is screwy with your PCV. Either the valve is bad or it's connected to something that it shouldn't be or maybe the hose is plugged. Before you installed the lower intake did you look in there to ensure that nothing was there that's not supposed to be?

i install an upper and lower with a 65mm throttle body and egr spacer. i have an un-used pcv valve that i was going to use on my last mustang before it was stolen but i doesn't look like the one that is already in the car. i tried to check for a vaccum leak but i didn't hear anything and didn't see anything in the runners.

Well from you description, it sounds as if you're not venting case pressure. That's where I'd start. Something in your PCV seems amiss. Try installing your old PCV from your old intake or remove the pcv and hose from the lower intake and cap it for vacuum. Run the car for alittle while and jsut let it vent to atmosphere and see if you still have oil coming from places that it shouldn't.

i took out the old pcv and blew through it and it seems a little conjested. unfortunatly the new one i have does't fit the vavle cover. i'll got to kragen tomorrow and see what i can find. i think the plug just is bad cause the other isn't leaking. but i still don't know what's up with high rpms. what is a good place to set my timing