Whipple Install Dyno Results

Following up on my Whipple install thread, I spent a very enjoyable afternoon at the dyno today.

By the end of a methodical custom tuning process, we acheived 411 RWHP and 395 ft-lbs of torque at a max boost of 10.1 psi. on 91 octane pump gas. The runs were made on a Mustang chassis dyno.

Video of the run above:

07 GT Dyno Pull - Whipple HO

Dyno Report:

Dyno Sheet

I can say that my fuel consumption has increased somewhat - after a few tanks of gas, I'll know by how much.

The car is way more fun to drive than stock. Now for those 373 gears - we were turning 145 mph in 4th at redline with the 331's.

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice!I'm sure that is bast to drive. I know mine sure is fun with just over 100 HP less than yours! Sure looks pretty under the hood and sounds awesome:rock:

I want a wipple soo bad it hurts ,,,!!! lol Im in love with the WINE ! Looks great man, Ive been waiting for someone to do a 91 OCT tune with a wipple ! POst the MPG when you get it up to date !

I can say that my fuel consumption has increased somewhat - after a few tanks of gas, I'll know by how much.
I know it's tough, but try keeping your foot out of it. Driving it normally and keeping it under vacuum should net you about the same fuel economy as stock.

I get 24-25mpg highway and about 21mpg in town with my Cougar driving it sensibly and about 15 driving it like I want to. :D

Those are low numbers for that much boost. Is your car intercooled or not? For comparison, I made 475rwhp 465ft-lbs on 11lbs of boost and 453/435 on 9lbs of boost (on a dynojet). Either, congrats on the purchase and have fun driving it! Just so you know what to expect in the city, I get 13.3-13.7mpg per tank heh

Those are low numbers for that much boost. Is your car intercooled or not? For comparison, I made 475rwhp 465ft-lbs on 11lbs of boost and 453/435 on 9lbs of boost (on a dynojet). Either, congrats on the purchase and have fun driving it! Just so you know what to expect in the city, I get 13.3-13.7mpg per tank heh

It is intercooled and the dyno was a Mustang Chassis dyno - apparently to convert to Dynojet equivalent you multiply my numbers by about 1.14 so 411*1.14= 469 RWHP at 10.1 psi - seems about right compared to your numbers. :shrug:

For my first tank I got 11.7 mpg in the city but that included the dyno work and some fun after ;). I expect I'll see mileage numbers about like yours. What gears are you running? I'm still running 3.31's and am thinking about going to 3.73's. Thoughts?

It's been raining, cold, and miserable here (Calgary) seems like forever and no end in sight :(. Haven't had the car out much and can't push it on the wet roads anyway. My custom tune is definitely more edgy than the FRPP. I might switch back and forth between the tunes for a tank or two and see what the mileage/performance differences are.

What was the total cost for parts, install and tuning?

The HO (polished kit) kit cost me $6,700 plus $335 tax. Figure about $250 for anti-seize, anti-freeze, water wetter, gasket cinch, zip ties, fuel line release tool, IAT sensor, 9/16" bit, 3/8" NPT pipe tap, wire loom, and beer. I did the install myself in about 30 hrs with my brother-in-law helping out part-time (time includes making a jig to secure the intake manifold to my drill press to drill the hole for the IAT). The flash tuner cost me about $400 and the custom dyno tune about $400.

You could save some money by going with the non-polished kit and you could also just use the FRPP ProCal tune which comes with the kit saving the dyno tune and flash tuner costs. I would definitely do the IAT relocate for the relatively low cost and if you have any mechanical ability at all I would do the install yourself - it is time consuming but not difficult. All in I'm a bit over $8,000 but you could have virtually the same performance for less than $7,000 if you wish. If you're in the US and can get the kit cheaper over the internet with free delivery you might get it down to $6,500. Note that my costs are in Canadian dollars which right now are about on par with US dollars.

Be prepared to spend more on fuel though - and probably tires too! Once you've heard the S/C howl and the kick in the seat of the low end torque, you'll have trouble keeping your foot out of it! :eek: