Wife's 03 GT ABS light on and Traction Control problems

87_stang

Dec 12, 2005
Tonganoxie, KS
About 1 1/2 years ago my wife spun out after hydro planing on the interstate and went off the road and down a grass embankment. No damage was done except everytime you give it gas (over 1/3-1/2 throttle) it will sputter and the traction control light on the guage cluster will come on. Let off the gas till light goes off and go. If we turn the traction control off its fine. Been doing this since she spun out. Well yesterday she says the ABS light is on now and the traction control will not turn off. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

YEH TRINITY IS RIGHT, MY WIFE HIT A CURB AND IT ACTED THE SAME WAY. LOOKED AT THE SENSOR AND IT HAD A SLCIE IN IT, REPLACE FOR 40 BUCKS AND HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE..

Does the vehicle align properly when put on the rack?

Find someone local that has a Ford IDS scanner and see if their scanner can communicate with the ABS control module thru the OBD-II port under the driver's dash.

If you are unable to communicate with the ABS computer I would suggest you replace the computer with a junkyard model (got mine for $125 from a 80k car). Make sure you get the right model. I used a 2000 GT module for my 2002 GT. It will say "GT TRAC" on it.

Please check my YouTube channel with the same username, I made a video on exactly how to swap out just the brains of the ABS module without breaking open the brake lines.

Your problem could be as simple as just needing a new ABS sensor on the respective wheels and/or tone rings on the hub.