Will a T5 from a 99-01 V6 Mustang fit a 90 302 engine?

gophaster

Jan 30, 2004
Will the T5 from a 99-2001 V6 Mustang bolt up to a 1990 Mustang 302 with stock flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, etc..?

The person selling it says the only change it needs to fit is a different input shaft. Is this correct?

Also this trans has an electronic speedo output can connect any brand electronic speedo to this output?

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

gophaster said:
Will the T5 from a 99-2001 V6 Mustang bolt up to a 1990 Mustang 302 with stock flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, etc..?

The person selling it says the only change it needs to fit is a different input shaft. Is this correct?

Also this trans has an electronic speedo output can connect any brand electronic speedo to this output?

Thanks!!

I thought the v6 had a T45 and that wont' fit as far as I know... :shrug:

Thanks guys...

The quote below is taken from moderndriveline.com, looks like the V6 Stangs do use a T5...

"Today's V-6 Mustangs sports the last of the T-5s. The T-5 behind the 3.8L is a 3.35 first gear set with a .68 over drive. What makes these different from the rest is the electronic speedometer trigger. No longer is there a mechanical driven cable system. It has the longer input shaft equipped with a steel front bearing retainer and reverse synchro brake assembly. Torque rating is 300ft/lbs."

Thanks Speed Freak,

Do you think this will work?

As an update, I went ahead and ordered the T5 we have been talking about. So I will be finding out first hand if it is in fact a direct bolt-on with the new input shaft (which it already has installed). This will not being going in a Mustang rather it will be going into a Factory Five Roadster that calls for an 87-93 Mustang 302 & T5 and has the trans mount in the position for the 87-93 Mustang so we will see, I guess :)

Any other comments or input is appreciated. I guess not too many have actually tried this??

SPEED FREAK said:
that is the same as the 5.0L t-5 for torque rating.... good find :)