Would Changing Radiator Mess with Oil Pressure?

two_stangs

Jan 3, 2004
AZ
I changed my Radiator out since it was leaking and the fluid was old.

With a new 3 row and new 50/50 coolant after I reconnected tha battery it seemed my oil pressure gauge would now fluctuate.

It used to stick in the middle and not really move unless I hit the gas. Now it has more pressure when driving on flooring it. But has less pressure at idle. Between the notch below the middle and above the middle it fluctuates. (Forgive me I'm new to fox bodies and don't know what the notches mean in #'s for the psi)

Any info would help.

• Sponsors (?)

just a nice coincidence that the stock POS gauge got funky when you did the radiator. as said, nothing in common. get a real gauge and be done with it!
good luck.

I would look to see if you knocked the oil pressure sensor conection around while you were working in the bay..maybe it got pushed down and into position to give better reading of fluxuation cause that is how the gauge should flow...mine sinks and rises just like that..i consider it normal, don't give it a second thought..unless you want to throw a gauge on it to see what real pressure is with #'s. Again check the conection just above the oil filter then forget it..until gauge shows no pressure..then don't forget it

I didn't think they had anything to do with each other. The gauge stays right in the center and only fluctuates a little so I'm not worried. The car runs smoother from flushing the system and having a new radiator though.

Thanks