Would it be worth it to invest large amounts of money into the handling of my FOX...

• Sponsors (?)

Boss 351 said:
Is the hatchback fox body more aerodynamic than the 94-04 models? I heard that the 89 LX is the most aerodynamic Mustang ever produced, I wonder if that's true? If so it would help a little with handling at high speeds.
Not true. A stock Fox GT has a drag coefficient of .36, while a SN95 GT is only .34. However, a Fox LX is the same at .34, and lighter- therefore faster based only on those two factors. However, for the original posters benefit, there are several reasons why a SN95 is superior as a handling buildup. They have a wider track, longer wheelbase, and 44% torsionally stiffer platform than a Fox. This is referring to coupes, not verts, which imroved even more with the SN95 car. Not to say that an SN95 vert isn't a flimsy frame, only that it is stiffer than a Fox vert by improvement of design. Like Mr.Yount said though, I'd rather put a cage in a Fox and be better than either without it and lighter to boot; as well as adding the wider rear, better brakes, etc from an SN95- all of which will bolt into the primitive Fox.
powershift351 said:
Griggs is the best in the world for any mustangs, but MAX. Motorsports is real close, one of those 2 will get you handling upwords of .90G, if you have the money. As far as a smooth ride. Not gonna happen with the panhard bar and tq arm setup.
Actually, set up correctly with the right tires and driver a car with parts from either of these companies will allow cornering in excess of 1.0G. To quote one MM rep:"yes, a Mustang can easily be made to corner at 1G, but once you get used to 1.2G, 1G feels like nothing." I have verified it personnally with my MM suspension and a GTech, consistently over 1G without any trouble. I can also say with impunity that my '91GT with a MM torque arm, panhard bar and 4whl coilovers rides smoother than my dads cremepuff '01 GT. Not sure how you concluded they ride rough with them, I beg to differ. You were right about the rails though- I had to get new seats to hold me in place. The only reason they would ride rough would be if the wrong spring rates or dampeners were used, or adjustable shocks like the Koni's were left set on kill all the time. I went with arguably soft Hypercoils (325/200) and the Bilstien self adjusting shocks, and have no discomfort riding on any roads for any amount of time. MM and Griggs have proven that the humble Fox equipt with their suspensions can not only make roadkill out of the purpose built Corvette on the road course, but also hang with and even beat the best that Germany has to offer. It won't do it with the same class, luxury and refinement as the Beemers and Carreras, but it will keep up- it's a drivers race, not a mechanical one.