wouldnt mess with this car

• Sponsors (?)

It is probably one of the easiest / cheapest ways to kill yourself on the streets with that kind of engine in that kind of car. Take it from a man who owns a Nissan, I would NOT mess with that and I have an easy 600 WHP if I so chose to up the boost on my skyline. Those things are scary as hell, even in stock I've heard you can pull 11's without much difficulty with a good launch and sticky tires. How accurate this information maybe is yet to be debated, but I really wouldn't doubt low 12's.

This is the Nissan equivalent to the Shelby Cobra believe it or not. How can you kill yourself for under $5,000? Well let's take a look..

Datsun 510/240/280Z - $1,000 to $2,000
5.7L V8 Conversion Kit - $500.00
5.7L V8 Chevy Small Block - $500 - $1,000 (Any stock 350 will do, most popular option is the 350 sbc out of the '80s Z28 camaros, etc.)

All that and you will get a car that will give you low 12's at least probably. If you decide to say drop a BUILT 350 5.7L V8 chevy in it, you will absolutely knocking on the 10 sec 1/4 door step EASILY. The 350 chevy shoe horns into the Datsun 510 engine bay *EXACTLY* if i recall correctly. I remember reading an article saying it was kind of odd how the 350 fit into the engine bay so perfectly, as if nissan had plans on dumping a 350 into it all along lol.

d50tt said:
The 350 chevy shoe horns into the Datsun 510 engine bay *EXACTLY* if i recall correctly. I remember reading an article saying it was kind of odd how the 350 fit into the engine bay so perfectly, as if nissan had plans on dumping a 350 into it all along lol.

How much work would it take to get a BBC in there?