X/A/D Plans - where was (if) yours honored. N-S-E-W?

• Sponsors (?)

damnisityellow said:
you are correct on allotments.the end is here. we may see a v-6 trickle in from time to time, but i am telling my customers to not be too optimistic on getting a gt.

we were given one hybrid. i sold it easily at the marked addendum of $3,995.the lady loves it and justified the purchase!!?? no, i didn't push the addendum nor agree to it,but it seems in our area, we had the only one and she was a tree hugger for sure. :rolleyes: lots of internet leads are coming in concerning the hybrid, but people (just like the mustang) are not accepting the lack of availability. the attitude is still "ford is doing this on purpose just to jack the price". funny thing is--they are buying the gmc hydrid truck at sticker and higher and it gets the same mileage as our non-hybrid F 150 :rlaugh: GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly though to answer your question, i think if we had plenty hybrids, we would still sell 30 mustangs to every 1 hybrid. this is bubba country and the populus is not concerned about being green. the lower the family income the bigger suv they want. :bang:

That's sad but still funny....the lower the income the bigger the SUV..... :rlaugh:

As I'm sure you've seen, the hybrid lovers are a different breed. They can't make the financial case in buying a hybrid, but even though we're driving very clean "regular" cars, the hybrid buyer kind of follows the hollywood crowd (in which the Prius is the vehicle of choice). Go figure.

graphicguy said:
That's sad but still funny....the lower the income the bigger the SUV..... :rlaugh:

As I'm sure you've seen, the hybrid lovers are a different breed. They can't make the financial case in buying a hybrid, but even though we're driving very clean "regular" cars, the hybrid buyer kind of follows the hollywood crowd (in which the Prius is the vehicle of choice). Go figure.

yep, the cool factor costs more. like the hummer, very cool and expensive chevy z71 with a square body.

damnisityellow said:
now thats funny :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol:

See below dumbass...... :fuss:

EY
HELLO THIS IS ATHENE AT THOROUGHBRED FORD! I HAVE SOME
GREAT NUMBERS FOR YOU ON THE A PLAN.

THE ROUSCH CONVERTIBLE WILL BE $38,523 WITH THE ROUSCH
WHEELS.

THE BLUE ROUSCH COUPE WILL BE $35,437.86 WITH THE
ROUSCH WHEELS AS WELL.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON SATURDAY SO WE CAN GET
YOU GOIN ON A THIS AWESOME CAR.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

ATHENE
THOROUGHBRED FORD

shanedog said:

EY

WHEELS.

ROUSCH WHEELS AS WELL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

ATHENE
THOROUGHBRED FORD

Excuse my ignorance, but how can a Rousch be A planned? A plan pricing comes from Ford. Rousch, although based on the Mustang, pricing is Rousch pricing, not Ford's.

Are they really charging $10K over the MSRP of a Mustang GT or vert for different wheels and trim?

2002GreyGT said:
All,

Been calling around and found a few dealers that will accept a plan near (100+ miles) me.

I would like to make a check list of what we should all ask for when we order off a plan.

1. Price and Agreement in WRITING that they will honor the plan price when vehicle arrives at dealer.
2. Priority of 10

Anything else?

~K
Even after you have the DORA in hand your order may not go in. I have 2 GT Verts on order from 2 diff dealers. The 1st one took a deposit and gave me the DORA dated 03-03, but the order is not yet in the system.

2nd dealer did not even ask for a deposit; gave me DORA dated 03-24, and as of today the robot lady says I'm "locked in for production for April 18th".

I've been promised x-plan but I'll believe it when I drive away.

graphicguy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how can a Rousch be A planned? A plan pricing comes from Ford. Rousch, although based on the Mustang, pricing is Rousch pricing, not Ford's.

Are they really charging $10K over the MSRP of a Mustang GT or vert for different wheels and trim?

From what I understand the car was A-planned (For example, went from about $35K to $30K) then the Roush accessories were like $8,700 and they took off $700 because of the A plan....so they discounted the Roush portion like 8%. Also, they (the dealer) makes a killing on Roush cars...for instance. They have not recieved enough 18" chrome Roush wheels/tires so they have been putting on crappy 17" bullit wheels and tires. In doing this they knock the price of the Roush package down $3,600 to $5,100. I just got back and told them to leave the wheels off because I can buy them for $1,400 for the set plus tires, so say $2,400 for wheels and tires. Then I can sell the 17" wheels and tires for say $400 so I have only $2,000 in wheels and tires instead of the $3,600 the dealership charges.....get me drift?

shanedog said:

EY

WHEELS.

ROUSCH WHEELS AS WELL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

ATHENE
THOROUGHBRED FORD

dumbass???// jokes still on you dude!!

topless beach said:
Even after you have the DORA in hand your order may not go in. I have 2 GT Verts on order from 2 diff dealers. The 1st one took a deposit and gave me the DORA dated 03-03, but the order is not yet in the system.

Remember, x-plan obligates you to take delivery on both GT verts if ordered under the plan. If you don't, then you are in violation of the plan rules and will get neither under the plan. :shrug:

Just FYI I have purchased an 04 EB Expedition (December of 03) and an 04 F-150 (August 04) both on A-plans. When the dealer I purchased these from got in the new 05's they were selling at $3,500 over sticker. Within the first few weeks of them coming out they agreed to sell the car at A-plan price plus the $3,500 they are getting for the premium. This basically equated to paying a few hundred less then sticker. From what I understand selling a car on A-plan does not hurt the dealer because they make it up on the back end from Ford. Not quite sure how it works, but I assure you they are still making tons of $ selling on A-plan. The back side of a transaction, finincing, Ford kick backs etc. is where the dealer makes their money, well that and the service department.

Ford does give a kickback to the dealer, but I do not think it is anywhere close to what they make off selling the car retail at or above MSRP.

From my understanding:

The current problem is that the dealers are only allotted so many GT's, since they are spliting them up between all the dealers. So if a dealer is given 10 GT's to sell, they would rather sell all them at MSRP or Above, and make more money then sell on one of the plans.

This is where a dealer who cares about its customers differs from the ones who are out to make money!

With Fords sales slipping on SUV's some dealers may be hurting for cash and using the GT's to make up for it.

Found the following in ford Vehicle Purchase Plan.pdf that is linked above.

"Ford agrees to pay the Dealer the commission in effect under the applicable Plan. If a Participant does not accept delivery of the vehicle within five (5) working days of notification by the Dealer that the vehicle is available for delivery to the Participant, unless otherwise agreed to between Dealer and Participant, the Dealer is relieved of all obligations to Participant. The vehicle then becomes the responsibility of the Dealer and no commission will be paid."

So Ford does give commision to a dealer for using a plan, and as a buyer it looks like you can back out of a deal already made. :spot: