Your answers to Higher Octane Gas

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
Well, for all of you that have been searching and searching and have not been able to find High Octane Gas, here is your answer. Just add Moth Balls to your fuel! Ha, Ha, Ha. I was just watching Mythbusters and they found this to be "Plausable", but didn't recommend it since they didn't know what the adverse affects on the engine would be. Sounds crazy but one of those interesting myths and I am by no means suggesting this, just thought it was cool.

• Sponsors (?)

This is old news. 1970s old to be precise. That's what people were doing back in the reduced emissions crap gas days following the gas crunch to keep their muscle cars going. Some companies capitalized on that hype and are now offering in tank canisters you put in there to hike up your fuel octane ratings. Until I see some real scientific tests I'm not about to drop wardrobe pills down the tank.

Only thing I ever did that was "esoteric" was add a huge nyodium magnet on the terminal end of my fuel rail to supposedly "magnetize" and thus align the fuel molecules. On my 96 240sx it made it idle a little better but that's about it that I could tell not so much with the Mustang.