13.87 @ Dragway 42 Video

• Sponsors (?)

i'll have to dig up the slip but im pretty positive my 60' was right around 2.20 and no less. not sure on the 1/8

street tires are killing me
eibach sportline springs are killing me ( getting swapped for bullitt springs this weekend)
stock gear is killing me

The stock gears aren't that bad actually. You can still get a good 60' if you can work the clutch and gas just right. You just have to slip the clutch. I've gotten 2.0 and can consistently get 2.1's with all season tires and stock gears. But yeah, to get the most possible, you need sticky tires and gears.

Must be fun beating that S197. :D Not sure why, but some run deep 13s while others are stuck in the low 14s. :shrug:

The stock gears aren't that bad actually. You can still get a good 60' if you can work the clutch and gas just right. You just have to slip the clutch. I've gotten 2.0 and can consistently get 2.1's with all season tires and stock gears. But yeah, to get the most possible, you need sticky tires and gears.

Must be fun beating that S197. :D Not sure why, but some run deep 13s while others are stuck in the low 14s. :shrug:

that dude was running like mid 14's all day and had d/r's and was talking about his spray. i have no idea what his problem was. LOL

just to illustrate.

there's a 2000 Z28 who runs at union hill. he runs low 8's. he destroys me right now at the track. well i ran into him on the interstate and it was a differnt story entirely. ENTIRELY!!!!!!

so getting it all together for the track is tricky. making more HP is than somone else is easy.

Another thing that is probably hurting you is dragway 42. I went there twice last year and the track was in pretty crappy shape. I just went to thompson raceway for the first time sunday and thought it was in much better shape. For the record, I have only been to a track four times and don't know much.

i've raced on the track. it has very little traction. my car would start sliding sideways at 60-70mph. Norwalk is much much better.

ive never had that happen but it has gotten a little hairy on the big end.

Another thing that is probably hurting you is dragway 42. I went there twice last year and the track was in pretty crappy shape. I just went to thompson raceway for the first time sunday and thought it was in much better shape. For the record, I have only been to a track four times and don't know much.

its not the best. ive heard that D42 has a lawsuit against the paving company that did the track currently :shrug:

You neeeeeed tires, then gears, then lower control arms, then you'll be knocking on 12s if not hitting 12s.

I've got the gears, tires and LCAs with only 265rwhp and my best time was 13.36.
The hot air hurts too. Last night my best time was 13.68 but it was hot and very humid.

I'm envious re: heads. That'll probably be an upcoming mod.

You neeeeeed tires, then gears, then lower control arms, then you'll be knocking on 12s if not hitting 12s.

I've got the gears, tires and LCAs with only 265rwhp and my best time was 13.36.
The hot air hurts too. Last night my best time was 13.68 but it was hot and very humid.

I'm envious re: heads. That'll probably be an upcoming mod.

haha, thanks man ive got some more parts to throw on and hope to be knocking off some 12's