1995 GT

Just picked up a 1995 GT from a friend. Canary yellow, 82,000 for $4950.00. Think this was a good deal? Only thing I don't like is it's AOD, but the wife can drive it, so it's ok.

Any tips/tricks on boosting performance? I have an 86 with a 5.0, and I guess it's because the 95 is automatic it seems a little more sluggish. Plus, I'm sure it's heavier.

All I want to do is lower it down and put some nice rims on it.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

if the car is clean, that price sounds better than fair. a clean, fairly low-mile, unmolested 94/95 can not be had for under 5500-6000 in the middle TN area. im on every classified site in the area weekly and they just cant be found

if the car is clean, that price sounds better than fair. a clean, fairly low-mile, unmolested 94/95 can not be had for under 5500-6000 in the middle TN area. im on every classified site in the area weekly and they just cant be found

Cool. I need to get some pics of it. The only thing I hate is that the throttle response is not as good as it is in my 86 (but it's a 5-speed and the 95 is a AOD) and I always hated the overdrive in the AODs.

I HATE the wheels. My buddy bought a 99 convertible 6 speed and swapped the wheels before he put the 95 up for sale, so now it has the ugly 6 cylinder wheels on it. I want to put some chrome cobra's on it or mach I wheels on it.

Congrats on the new purchase. Seems like your average mustang wheels can be had for relatively low cost either off ebay or from any advertiser in the mustang mags. As for throttle response, maybe it could use a tune-up and a maf cleaning.

Congrats on the new purchase. Seems like your average mustang wheels can be had for relatively low cost either off ebay or from any advertiser in the mustang mags. As for throttle response, maybe it could use a tune-up and a maf cleaning.

Yea, I need to check it out. It doesn't hesitate or anything...I think it's just that it's an automatic and I'm used to my 5 speed. Plus I imagine this car is heavier than the fox. I had a 97 convertible AOD once and I had the same complaints with it.

But I like the comfort of the interior, and I like that my wife can drive it. She likes the mods I want to do and enjoys the car, so it's a win win situation. Now I can turn my attention to my 68 coupe and still have a 'stang to drive in the mean time when the minivan becomes too much! (when you have 6 kids, you HAVE to have a van...) :nonono:

The throttle cable could be stretched. See if you have any slack in the pedal before the cable is taut; you can also do this mod to take up the slack. The 94-95's have an AODE (more electronic control), and yes they're sluggish. Our cars are heavier than your fox stock, and you're also probably used to the mods on your fox.

6 kids.... :eek:

The throttle cable could be stretched. See if you have any slack in the pedal before the cable is taut; you can also do this mod to take up the slack. The 94-95's have an AODE (more electronic control), and yes they're sluggish. Our cars are heavier than your fox stock, and you're also probably used to the mods on your fox.

6 kids.... :eek:

Yep, six kiddos!:D

Thanks for the link...that's the problem I'm having! Seems like you have to push the accelerator three miles before the car says "oh, you want to go now? ok, let me think about it..."

If your cable is stretched, it also means you likely weren't getting full throttle. You ran out of pedal room before you hit WOT. I bet taking up the slack will "wake up" your GT quite a bit. :nice: