1997 cobra or a 2001 GT

• Sponsors (?)

If I was to do it again I would have gone with a 96-98 cobra back in 05 when I bought my 01 GT. That being said my GT will be much faster then 96-98,99,01 Cobras, Mach1s and 05-10 Stangs when I’m done with my spring mods:D.

Cobra.

Exhaust and gears will make that car more fun to drive than a full bolt on GT.

Killer exhaust note and just shy of 7k useable RPM's... if you go for the GT you are off your rocker.

4'vs respond better to mods, Cobra's have better brakes, and cool misc. details that set them apart from a normal GT.

Both the 2v and 4v 4.6 are very reliable motors. The Cobra's 4v's are hand assembeled by SVT with meticulous detail to quality, just as a cool fact.

If either one has been taken care of, reliability won't be a problem. Are they both stock, or do they have any modifications? If so, what are they? Mods suggest that the car was used like a muscle car, although plenty of people beat on stock cars aswell.

COBRA FTW especially since its a Aero.

Hey LaserSVT, I like you and everything, but will you please quit whoring your old aero cobra. It gives me a chubby every time i see it. 98 Cobra Laser Red, is probably one of my favorite cars!

sure and my gt was rated at 260. it layed 247 to the tires stock. a 4v of those years will make 250 ish. not that big of a difference
As pointed out you had a factory freak. I did too. My 96 Cobra laid down 299.8 rwhp and the only mods it had was a Jet chip :notnice:, Flowbastard cat back and 3.73 gears. Now that was high but only by 20 horses or so. My 2000 GT vert I had did 218 rwhp box stock with an AOD. :shrug: I have only personally seen 2 other stock GTs run on a dyno and they did 219 and 238 rwhp. My old 97 Cobra the guy I sold it to said with a O/R x-pipe, intake, cat back and 3.55 gears it did 290 rwhp. So unless the Cobra makes huge gains with a cat back then you can see that there is a substancial hp difference. FORD rates them 45 horses apart and we all know that the 4v were a tad under rated :shrug: