Progress Thread 25thmustang's Progress Pics

• Sponsors (?)

I am so jealous right now.. that is going to be 1 bad mofo!!!!

:OT: The lines that you have running from the bottom of your master cylinder to the little valve jobbie... they look new, where did you get them, did you make them... etc??? Thanks, i have no idea where to find new ones.

Its probably 25% of the way towards your car, but then again I will be doing the engine bay yet again in a couple of years, so for now this is how its going together.

My friend is coming to prime it thurs if all goes well, and then paint the jambs on the weekend. Then next week its off to paint, and then the funn begins :D!

Here are tonights pics, motor is maybe 80-85 % buttoned up. Got some more easy stuff to do, just need some hoses, clamps and the damned heater core in!

510784_359_full.jpg

510784_360_full.jpg

510784_361_full.jpg

510784_362_full.jpg

Nothing wrong with doing an engine bay a second time believe me, I know 2 people who did and I’m one of them.
I’m not to sure that there many people who have done what you have so far and not thought to themselves if I did it again I’d... it’s just the nature of the beast.

Keep up the good work and keep posting the progress pics.

Progress pics will keep coming so long as progress keeps being made...

I wont have the bay done until I get the motor that I want. I plan to take the sides of the bay out, and make my own sheetmetal panels. Then smooth the firewall, and go to town on whatever motor gets put in! I already did this once when the car was white, this time around is a slightly better job, next time will probably be the last so long as it comes out right!

You guys with your insane engine bays are an inspiration, I just cant see myself doing all that... yet!

Yeah I wish it was AM Hotrod minus the fact I hate Boyd. This stuff all looks alright, but Im sure after a summer of driving it will be nasty looking once again! Ill try to keep it looking good, but its hard for a car I plan to drive as much as possible!

Progress pics will keep coming so long as progress keeps being made...

I wont have the bay done until I get the motor that I want. I plan to take the sides of the bay out, and make my own sheetmetal panels. Then smooth the firewall, and go to town on whatever motor gets put in! I already did this once when the car was white, this time around is a slightly better job, next time will probably be the last so long as it comes out right!

You guys with your insane engine bays are an inspiration, I just cant see myself doing all that... yet!

The way you’re doing this is the only way to do it IMHO.
Have the engine you want and do the engine bay the way you like. I’ve seen awesome looking sheet metal panels that people have made for the engine bay before so I can see where you’re going with that, and smoothing the firewall is something not many people want to deal with but it adds for a nice touch and shows in the final product.
Once you get all your thoughts together and the way you want things to look (that’s 90% of your battle) it should be one sweet looking engine and engine bay no doubt!

Thanks for the words of wisdom Almost Stock.

Macn, were going to get a few more nights of partying and clubbing. Were kind of crazy when on vacation so going to clubs, girls, drinking, whatever is half the trip, the Mustang stuff is the other half! Get on that paint too, mine should be flowing soon!

Man, everything is looking awesome so far. Keep up the good work. I think last I talked to you on here you were thinking of doing a boat, I think you will be more pleased with this car when its done. I just got out of the boating thing too (for now) and got myself another Stang to play with. I'm gonna do the whole engine bay thing once I get a few other things finished up on it and paint will be in a year or so. Good luck with the rest of it man!
Brandon