302,306,331,347?

Rick 91GT said:
:nice: That is exactly what I said, the latemodel 351W will split right up the middle just like the 302. If your looking at 351 goes 69-74 they are the thick web blocks and can hold decent power levels.

Ok I'll just make my stock block in to a 347. Well my stock tranny with a spec 3 clutch hold up. Are do I upgrade?

• Sponsors (?)

Older blocks have more nickle content in them so they are to a small degree a little bit stronger than the late model blocks. But both the 302 and 351 blocks can hold up to 400hp, without any block work being done. They can be made to hold up 550-600 with girdles, studs and proper block prep.

forget all the higher nickel content nonsense, just take a peek at the main webbing on the older vintage 69 era blocks as compared to the late model stuff. Its plain to see. For instance, most of you guys never played with a cleveland, but the higher nickel content myths have been floating around forever, even after talking with half a dozen people that actually casted the stuff in the 70's. The rumor mill keeps on chuggin along.

5spd GT said:
A Dart block would be great, but it is costly, with the block price, and the internals, extra machining, and assembly...you could easily spend 4,000 bucks on a shortblock.

Good Luck!

oh isn't that true...:(

i just got done with a Dart 347 stroker with forged internals. my wallet is flat.

mustangsally93 said:
Ok I'll just make my stock block in to a 347. Well my stock tranny with a spec 3 clutch hold up. Are do I upgrade?

You are most likely going to have to upgrade. I always thought that the spec stage 3 clutch was too much shock for the t5. Especially if you are hooking. I'd go with a different transmission if you want to hold the power reliably. Look into the TKO500/600.

mackey said:
You are most likely going to have to upgrade. I always thought that the spec stage 3 clutch was too much shock for the t5. Especially if you are hooking. I'd go with a different transmission if you want to hold the power reliably. Look into the TKO500/600.
i have a g force t5 with 80 miles on it if you are interested PM me (going to c4)