94 95 with fox ecu.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe one or two of the folks here have done so. However, you have to re-wire a good chunk of the engine harness since several sensors changed between 93 and 94. But in my opinion, it's not worth it. It's true that the Fox computers are more forgiving of engine mods than the 94-95. But significant engine mods will still hit the limits of the Fox computers and you'll have to get a tune anyway. By the time you learn how to rewire the harness, you could learn how to tune the 94-95 computer yourself.

This question has to be up there with 347s not lasting and burning oil in my book....KILL THE DAMN MYTHS.

I have heard of fox's having issues with mods....they are NOT some super computer that never needs to be modified. Yes, the 94-95 can be picky. Once u tune either one, its fair game. So like the other guys said, why do work, to do more work later? Just tune what u have....its a better "computer" anyway. (in terms of speed/etc)

This question has to be up there with 347s not lasting and burning oil in my book....KILL THE DAMN MYTHS.

I have heard of fox's having issues with mods....they are NOT some super computer that never needs to be modified. Yes, the 94-95 can be picky. Once u tune either one, its fair game. So like the other guys said, why do work, to do more work later? Just tune what u have....its a better "computer" anyway. (in terms of speed/etc)

I agree :D

The fox pcm retrofit was popular back in the days of mid to late 90's when not a lot was known about tuning

No doubt about it :nono:

Fox pcm is more forgiving about mods than the 94-95

To make a fox pcm work in our cars you need to do more than just repin the harness :Word:

By the time one goes to the expense and trouble to retrofit the pcm .....

Well ... Lets say if they go with a fairly serious combo ... that is .......

They will then realize they STILL are using an unoptimized pcm :eek:
thus
Its very likely they are leaving power and drivability on the table :(

Bottom line is .........

The original pcm can be tuned to do whatever you desire and the mods that can be found on most street/strip Stangs will not be more than it can deal with

Grady