About to buy 13" BRAKES...OPINIONS PLEASE!!! (SSBC vs COBRA brakes)

okay my .02 on these brake kits.

baer

there normal kit is still a pbr calipure better looking than the cobra kit but same braking technology.

they do have some 4 piston alcon calipure kits for over 2k that are awesome but unless you car sees track it may be overkill $$$ wise. depends on how deep you pockets are

SBC

I have had a hard time finding anyone with the kits or data on them. they could be nice or a waste of $$. I would like to drive a car that had them or see a test though.

Brembo

they make many different kits. the cobra R kit is a slight upgrade for 1k but they do make 2k kits that are very hight end. here again no first hand but they make brakes for very hight end exotics most likely would be a nice setup.

roush

roush makes an alcon oriented setup that is sweet but it is like 2k just fo the front. huge difference in stoping 60-0 they put it on a car on horsepower tv.

I tend to like companies that work with oem's though for a street car. they pay more attention to longevity, noise, etc. race oreinted brakes may require more attention.

• Sponsors (?)

steedastangt said:
those baer brakes look nice but you can get exactly the same thing by buying cobra or bullit brakes at a lower price. Baer makes both of them for ford.

You mean PBR makes all the calipers for Ford and Baer....exact same peices, except you pay more for the baer logo