Adjusting Rocker Help!

I have the twisted wedge heads with the trick flow stud mount rockers. I am just wandering what the correct way to adjust them is. I have heard that you put the cylinder at the top of the compression stroke with both valves closed take all the play out of the rocker then turn it 1/2 turn more then lock it down. And would using the medium strength threadlocker be a good idea to use??

• Sponsors (?)

set at 0 lash for each cylinder (valve closed) for each individual rocker. There are torque specs, i recommend useing a torque wrench.. pretty straight forward, turn the crank with an extended ratchet on the balancer bolt. when tightened down to spec and on 0 lash you should be able to "spin" the pushrod around with your fingers.

You'll likely have to adjust (usually 1/2-3/4 turn) then torque the nut down to around 25ft/lbs. If you did not receive installation instructions with your rocker arms, then make a call to the manufacturer or get on their website.

Personally, I have found that doing each individual valve is best. Start at #1 exhaust, then #1 intake, and so on untill you've worked your way around the engine. It takes a little more time, but I've found that things are a little more accurate.

If, when you start your engine, the rockers start "clacking", then you have to open every thing up again, and readjust them another 1/4 turn. Some engines, especially when using the softer, stock, used lifters and springs, require up to 1-1 1/2 turns to stop them from clacking. :rolleyes:

I always turned the motor over till say the exhaust valve is all the way open and as soon as it starts to come up i adjust the intake. I would turn the jam nut by hand till there was no play(up and down and side to side) in the pushrod (I tried the turning the pushrod and it wasnt consistent.). Then i would tighten the jam nut down 1/2 to 3/4 turn. Then do the opposite for the exhaust valve.