Another HPDE event at PIR--9/14

95two-top

Jun 8, 2005
Open invitation to anyone interested--SAAC NW (*Portland* Shelby club) HPDE event at PIR (Portland OR) facility on Wed, Sept 14. In addition to our HPDE event, there's the Beaches (restaurant) Wed night cruise-in AND the Wed night drags, to make it a REALLY full day for anyone with the stamina to take advantage of all of it.

See our website---saacnw.org---and follow the "track pack" link to find a printable application (one page of the printable track pack).

Please take a look at the entire track pack--it includes the "tech inspection" items each participating vehicle must pass, the safety gear (& clothing) required &/or recommended for each run group, and other important details you'll need to be familiar with to make your participation in an HPDE event as enjoyable as possible.

While "all the details" are on the website, feel free to ask questions here--I'll be monitoring, & responding ASAP.

A number of *regulars* in this forum of stang.net were at our July 11 HPDE (and all left satisfied, I hope)--I'd appreciate any comments from you folks encouraging others to attend. And yes, we HAVE been delaing with some of those early-morning sticking-points that got us off to a slow start in July. If you have specific questions from attending that event, please contact me directly--if I don't already have the answer, I WILL get it...for both of us.

Thanks,
Dave

• Sponsors (?)

I had a great time and I'm planning to attend this event.

Do you think you will have enough turn out to hold the event? What is the cut off date? What is the minimum number of participants needed?

Keith

Has any one who attended the last event recieved a postcard for this event? Since I'm so cool they used a picture of me on the track for this mailer :nice:

Oh yea Jeff installed my sub-frame connectors today :cheers:

duner said:
Has any one who attended the last event recieved a postcard for this event? Since I'm so cool they used a picture of me on the track for this mailer :nice:

I got one too. But, the card is kinda mangled thanks to US Mail.

Custom fit SFC or something else? How's the ride? Can you feel the difference?

03SHKR said:
I got one too. But, the card is kinda mangled thanks to US Mail.

Custom fit SFC or something else? How's the ride? Can you feel the difference?

Dave ordered the MM full-length sub-frames. He promptly decided he didn't want them because he wants the fancy ones you have. So I swooped in and took advantage of his fickle nature. :rlaugh:

Yes there is a big difference with them installed.

duner said:

Hey, you have Brian Bogdon, our track steward, and his wife Lisa, to thank for executing that particular detail--and last year's track steward, Brent Passmore, who though of it. Actually, in every case they could, they matched an *on-track* photo taken at our July HPDE event with the name of the participant, and printed that individual photo/image on the "reminder" postcard to that person. We REALLY want you folks to come back & drive with us again, eh?

Dave

tsoccer3299 said:
i have class during the day but will definately try and make it over to watch as soon as i can. its nice that my campus is like 5 min away

Cool.

Come on over. I think you may need to be on an access list. We can ask Dave about getting you on there.

Do you have a digi-cam? It would be great if you can takes some pics :nice:

fast99cobra said:
Dammit im working in Eugene for like next 6 months, doubt i can pull out of work in middle of week

I know you're ready to try out the new parts. If you can't make this one Team Continental's next event is on Friday October 7th.

duner said:
Cool.

Come on over. I think you may need to be on an access list. We can ask Dave about getting you on there.

Do you have a digi-cam? It would be great if you can takes some pics :nice:

ok well i'll be over there as early as i can, then i have a class at 12:30. I have a digi cam so if someone can get me on an access list? i'll be sure to take as much pics and video as i can.

duner said:
I just sent my application in.

Brian, Patrick, Rob, Dave what about you guys?
Probably not gonna make this one. I have to check on a tranny I'm getting blueprinted. If it's ready to go in soon, I'm gonna get it installed and I won't make it. If it doesn't get done, I might do this.