Another HPDE event at PIR--9/14

Today was ****ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did 5 sessions today. The last three were right after the other. That's 60 minutes. Holy **** I'm tired.

It was great running with you guys today. I loved your burnout Jon.

I need stickier tires for next time. And maybe some brake ducts.

SWEET

• Sponsors (?)

Scooby5.0Doo said:
i guessing you had a little brake fade if you thinking about brake ducts runin those last 3 in a row

Mushy. I think I boiled the fluid and probably didn't bleed them properly when I put the SS lines on. The mushy pedal only happened when I took Dave out as a passenger for a session :rlaugh:

duner said:
Today was ****ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did 5 sessions today. The last three were right after the other. That's 60 minutes. Holy **** I'm tired.

It was great running with you guys today. I loved your burnout Jon.

I need stickier tires for next time. And maybe some brake ducts.

SWEET

Duner,
Any pic's or vid's? No accident this time right?

ASD said:
Duner,
Any pic's or vid's? No accident this time right?

Alan,

When your car is done you really need to join us in October. This HDPE stuff is a blast.

I have just two vids. One of me and one of Steve. No accidents today. Although I think Dave may of had one in his pants when I took him for a ride durning one of the sessions. I'm not sure if his pants accident was in the front or the back :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Steve Vid

Keith Vid

im trying the next step up from an open trackday sept 24 im acutually going to be racing against people in the novice class for the icscc should be lots of fun i will be in a pro3 basicly its like a spec miata but its a 1989 bmw 325is so should be lots of fun he he

alright heres all the pictures I took today. Was a pretty fun day, to bad i had to go to two short classes right in the middle of the day but I was till able to come back. dayna got his dad to give me a ride and now i want some coilovers and some wilwoods. oh well, nice to meet a few other people too and it was fun in the parking lot before we left haha.....
heres the website.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y182/hypelskier/shelby track day/?start=all

I have the original 2048x1538 pictures so if you see one you want let me know and I'll email it to you. Also some videos if anyone can host them?

Jon said:
I wanted to talk to you about your 240 today, but didn't get a chance. How'd it do? I am more than likely going to end up with one and want to do the sr20 swap.
Jon

Yeah i was going to say something to you too, i could have sworn i've seen you at TF more than once.

Car did awesome, its got plenty of stuff done to keep up, it is i that needs help. :) that was my 3rd track day, so i've got plenty to learn.
Only problem I had was an IC pipe pop off on the very last outing, i had a vette and 2 stangs behind me, don't think they were too happy. :shrug:

Car is pretty quick and keeps up pretty well. I had some hawk blue pads ordered but HPF screwed me and i did get them in time, so i was on stock pads and boy was that scary.

I got behind you once but there was too much traffic in front of you so i just pulled off and asked for more room.

tsoccer3299 said:
alright heres all the pictures I took today. Was a pretty fun day, to bad i had to go to two short classes right in the middle of the day but I was till able to come back. dayna got his dad to give me a ride and now i want some coilovers and some wilwoods. oh well, nice to meet a few other people too and it was fun in the parking lot before we left haha.....
heres the website.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y182/hypelskier/shelby track day/?start=all

I have the original 2048x1538 pictures so if you see one you want let me know and I'll email it to you. Also some videos if anyone can host them?

I'm glad that you got a ride. And thanks for the pics. I just sent a you a PM requesting a few pics. I can host a few vids too. My e-mail address was in the PM.

Keith

sr20s13 said:
Yeah i was going to say something to you too, i could have sworn i've seen you at TF more than once.

Car did awesome, its got plenty of stuff done to keep up, it is i that needs help. :) that was my 3rd track day, so i've got plenty to learn.
Only problem I had was an IC pipe pop off on the very last outing, i had a vette and 2 stangs behind me, don't think they were too happy. :shrug:

Car is pretty quick and keeps up pretty well. I had some hawk blue pads ordered but HPF screwed me and i did get them in time, so i was on stock pads and boy was that scary.

I got behind you once but there was too much traffic in front of you so i just pulled off and asked for more room.

Yeah, I am sure you've seen me at TF. We are usually there at least once a week to use the dyno. I know what you are saying about the brakes. :) My brakes were lacking after the first session. I've got the Wilwood 600 brake fluid and Hawk HPS pads up front and the pedal was still spongy. I think I'll re-bleed the brakes and see what happens. What do you have done engine wise to your car besides the sr20 swap?

Jon said:
Yeah, I am sure you've seen me at TF. We are usually there at least once a week to use the dyno. I know what you are saying about the brakes. :) My brakes were lacking after the first session. I've got the Wilwood 600 brake fluid and Hawk HPS pads up front and the pedal was still spongy. I think I'll re-bleed the brakes and see what happens. What do you have done engine wise to your car besides the sr20 swap?

bored .020 over, all that good stuff
86.5mm CP pistons 8.5 CR
Eagle rods
Greddy 1.2mm Headgasket
ARP head bolts
GT2871R .86 turbo
Nismo 740cc
AEM EMS
320HP 303TQ

Still have all stock parts on the topend. cams, springs, exhaust mani, intake mani, should get me well into the 400's when i can get them.

I had the Hawk HP+ pads on the front of my car (300z calipers) and they worked great for me. they were a prefect street and track pad. if a little bit of screaching and dust doesn't bother you. Your 325 mostly stock? I've seen your crazy mustang around, pretty sick.