Another HPDE event at PIR--9/14

Im all over this one! I printed up and filled out the track packet.

Should I mail in the pre-reg form or should I just bring it and the check with me? it says to pre-reg but with only a week and a half away, will they get it in time? How do I prove to them that I paid?

I just checked my car and at idle, from one foot away from the exhaust tip, I hit 104 db. At 6 feet away it is only 94 db. What is their db test like; idle, feet away etc... I have a restrictor plate I can put in, which drops is down to acceptable db levels but I would prefer to not run with that in.

• Sponsors (?)

909 said:

Should I mail in the pre-reg form or should I just bring it and the check with me? it says to pre-reg but with only a week and a half away, will they get it in time? How do I prove to them that I paid?

I just checked my car and at idle, from one foot away from the exhaust tip, I hit 104 db. At 6 feet away it is only 94 db. What is their db test like; idle, feet away etc... I have a restrictor plate I can put in, which drops is down to acceptable db levels but I would prefer to not run with that in.

You'll be fine on noise. Glad you signed up!

duner said:

Yeah, I'm planning on it. I'll probably end up taking the bmw since I may not have time to fix the Cobra. The auto tranny didn't like the Open Road Race in Nebraska. She got a little warm being wooded for 26 miles. :) The trans works fine, but the converter seal leaks so when I hammer on it the fluid leaks and drips onto the exhaust making a little bit of a smoke trail. Don't know if I'll have the seal in by then.
I look forward to seeing you all there.
Sincerly,
The guy off-course in the green bmw. :nice:

909 said:

Sorry Ben I've been out of town for a while. Have all of your questions been answered?

went to the ferrari open track today.... simply amazing, took a ton of pics and video, i'll show you guys some laterr, almost got to go for a ride in an enzo, and a f-430. i'll be at the track wednesday morning taking more pictures. anyone want to show me around the track in their car? i promise to take more pics of your car lol.......

tsoccer3299 said:
went to the ferrari open track today.... simply amazing, took a ton of pics and video, i'll show you guys some laterr, almost got to go for a ride in an enzo, and a f-430. i'll be at the track wednesday morning taking more pictures. anyone want to show me around the track in their car? i promise to take more pics of your car lol.......

I wanted to go on Monday. That must of been freakin' cool. Please post some pics.

Make sure you bring a helmet, long pants, long sleaved shirt and some gloves. Riders need the same saftey gear as the driver. You may be able to catch a ride.

Yeah I'll post some pics up in here tonight, I'm just uploading them to a website right now.

duner said:
Make sure you bring a helmet, long pants, long sleaved shirt and some gloves. Riders need the same saftey gear as the driver. You may be able to catch a ride.

I'll wear all that stuff, I just dont have a helmet to wear. We'll see maybe someone will have an extra???

alright heres some pics from the ferrari track day monday, and a link to all the rest of them. looking forward to seeing some more sweet cars tomorrow!
http://photobucket.com/albums/y182/hypelskier/ferrari track day/?start=all
View attachment 503917
View attachment 503919
View attachment 503921
View attachment 503923
IMG_9188.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9188.jpg
    IMG_9188.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 33