Anyone interested in an HID group purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

BigChiefSmokem said:
Are these HID kits top of the line? How do they compare to more expensive or cheaper kits? Is there a warranty?

Response from Matt:

"Warranty is a full one year. All HID kits for 87-04 come with complete installation instructions. The ballasts are made by phillips, the bulbs are xenon, and the wiring harness is also made by Phillips. Our kits come with their own wiring harness with inline fuse. Not much more information other than whats on the site. With the group purchase, I'll get a final count of how many people are in, then I'll order them once everyone has paid up. The HIDs will then come in within 2 days and I'll get them back out the door via FedEx ground with insurance and tracking information. We have HIDs for the projector headlamps that are available for all Mustangs"

san~man said:
Response from Matt:

"Warranty is a full one year. All HID kits for 87-04 come with complete installation instructions. The ballasts are made by phillips, the bulbs are xenon, and the wiring harness is also made by Phillips. Our kits come with their own wiring harness with inline fuse. Not much more information other than whats on the site. With the group purchase, I'll get a final count of how many people are in, then I'll order them once everyone has paid up. The HIDs will then come in within 2 days and I'll get them back out the door via FedEx ground with insurance and tracking information. We have HIDs for the projector headlamps that are available for all Mustangs"

I guess what i"M asking for is, am i paying more for better quality, as I have found HIDs significantly cheaper elsewhere. I will do the group purchase if its worth it for the extra money...

Not sure what the cheaper ones are made of, whether their phillips or not... But did a little research, over at xenondepot, the 6k with phillips ballast and phillips capsules are $439!

san~man, how did you end up with this company as the one you wanted to go with for the group purchase?

BigChiefSmokem said:
I guess what i"M asking for is, am i paying more for better quality, as I have found HIDs significantly cheaper elsewhere. I will do the group purchase if its worth it for the extra money...

Not sure what the cheaper ones are made of, whether their phillips or not... But did a little research, over at xenondepot, the 6k with phillips ballast and phillips capsules are $439!

san~man, how did you end up with this company as the one you wanted to go with for the group purchase?

I read a few reviews about the kit, and everyone who had one seemed to be pleased.

I'm sure you can get it "cheaper" elsewhere, but you get what you pay for. At least the ballast is made by Phillips, a well known company. I'm not sure who makes the ebay types, but if you want to spend less you could take your chances.

BigChiefSmokem said:
So, san~man, the booty assassin, we got this thing going or what? :D

OK, I guess it's been enough time.

Gimme a reply if you are geniunely interested, and I'll email Matt with the final numbers. I'll probably ask him to run the group purchase for 1 to 2 weeks, and that'll give anyone else enough time to get in on the buy.

Post up if you're in!!:nice:

hey i just read this, I'd be in. But i need some more info. Whats the diff between 4300k and 6000k?

After we buy this kit for 250 or how ever much, what else is left to buy to complete this install?

04gtdrop said:
hey i just read this, I'd be in. But i need some more info. Whats the diff between 4300k and 6000k?

After we buy this kit for 250 or how ever much, what else is left to buy to complete this install?

Nothing. Kit is all inclusive....bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness. Check the link in the first post.

The difference between 4300 and 6k is the color. The higher the temperature (K, or Kelvin), the more blue/purple it gets.

Also, how does this work? Who will we be givin the money to? pay direct with a code on the website or what? Seems the best way...

I cant decide between 4300k and 6k. :( I know the difference, just wonder if the difference in light output is neglible, or if its a big diff. San, what you goin with?

BigChiefSmokem said:
Also, how does this work? Who will we be givin the money to? pay direct with a code on the website or what? Seems the best way...

I cant decide between 4300k and 6k. :( I know the difference, just wonder if the difference in light output is neglible, or if its a big diff. San, what you goin with?

Yes, payment will be made directly to the company. I don't want any part of that.

I'm trying to decide between the two.

Me personally, I would love to retro a set of genuine HID projectors, and probably could do it as I have access to the materials and have the "know-how" to work with fiberglass/bondo etc. My problem is time, or the lack thereof.

FWIW, I have seen a set of HIDs installed in the OEM housings, and yes, they are BRIGHT and do make a good amount of glare, but nothing that is too outrageous. IMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.