Blacked Out Tail lights

xCOWBOYx

Jun 29, 2005
Where the hell can I get these? I've looked everywhere, and what exactly is it? Just a tint cover or what? Are they legal, and how do they look when you're on the break or just driving? thanks guys! (It's the 3 horizontal bar ones I want of course.. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Black Tail Covers = Teh Gay

Now if you got smoked ones (or smoked them yourself), that would be nice. I don't know how to do it (smoke them), but there are some guys on another forum that have done it.

I know it is illegal here in NC to have the headlight covers, but I don't know about the tails.

They make window-tint type blackouts for the 03/04 Cobra's, but that's the only one's I've seen.

A friend of mine smoked his with spraypaint I think. I'm thinking about having him do mine sometime. Next time I talk to him, I'll find out exactly how he did it. :nice:

whats the website for summit? yea thats what I meant, a tinting kinda thing :) so the light is still clearly visible when it's on (braking or night time driving) but black when its off. I'd prefer something street legal, get pulled over enough as it is :shrug:

xCOWBOYx said:
whats the website for summit? yea thats what I meant, a tinting kinda thing :) so the light is still clearly visible when it's on (braking or night time driving) but black when its off. I'd prefer something street legal, get pulled over enough as it is :shrug:

In Michigan, they must be able to see your lights frmo 500ft or something like that at night clearly. They pull me over but i say "i bought the car with them painted" and they usually just tell me to take it off.

I have seen lighter tint on the taillights on different colors but i think on black...ya gotta go BLACK all around :p

Rear%20Driver%20Side%20Angle.jpg

It appears that can of tint spray can't be shipped to where I live...Canada :notnice: Any other ideas guys? Or anybody know somewhere in Canada that sells it? Thanks for all the help, and I like the theme on your car Nate, I'm going for something similar :)

If any of you cant get it, let me know i will get it locally and ship it to you myself:nice:

Thanks for the compliments, there is no percentage rating that i know of, just spray until you are happy with the shade. It dries a tad darker than it looks when wet FYI.:nice: