Bowing out gracefully

Well if I'm not mistaken, he already has a P/U truck, so hes got a good set of wheels. And unless your car is something silly fast, its tough to beat something weighing 10 percent of the car with 35 percent of the horsepower that revs to 13Gs. I steal my buddys R6 to go cruisin all the time, its got 130 horse and weighs 370 pounds. Thats STOCK! I mean... damn.

I have a feeling that you'll be seeing a similar thread from me next summer.

Good luck, loud pipes save lives. Especially in Maine, old people in town cars everywhere!

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck! I want a new F4i, but I don't think I'd feel safe riding it here in the city. I may get one eventually if I move out of the city though.

My buddy was supposed to sell me a buel blast for a starter bike, but he only had it for about 3 months before someone pulled out in front of him. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :)

Your post got my teary eyed. I just imagined me having to wash my car for the last time before I had to give it away. :(

Be careful on that bike man. I lost a good friend this summer. He was going too fast and just flat out lost control. So take it easy, one slip up on a bike and it could be the last time you'll ever walk this earth. Not trying to scare you or antying.

I've been considering selling the stang for a bike. Namely an R6, or maybe a GSX-R600, or a CBR600. But I'd only do it if the opportunity came along to get a bike and a DD. I'm still actively looking at bikes, hoping to buy one next spring. But even with all the crap the stang is giving me, I don't think I could sell it. If I did, I'd at least part it out, THEN sell it so I could get a lot of my money I put into it back. I've noticed quite a few guys are leaving stangnet too. It makes me sad to see all of you really knowledgeable (Travis) guys leaving us less experienced guys on our own, lol. But good luck, and be careful on that bike!

CManT1914 said:
I've been considering selling the stang for a bike. Namely an R6, or maybe a GSX-R600, or a CBR600. But I'd only do it if the opportunity came along to get a bike and a DD. I'm still actively looking at bikes, hoping to buy one next spring. But even with all the crap the stang is giving me, I don't think I could sell it. If I did, I'd at least part it out, THEN sell it so I could get a lot of my money I put into it back. I've noticed quite a few guys are leaving stangnet too. It makes me sad to see all of you really knowledgeable (Travis) guys leaving us less experienced guys on our own, lol. But good luck, and be careful on that bike!

I'll still be around I like this place to much to ever leave. With or w/out a stang I'll still be around to give my advise and oppions. I had to choose between the Kawasaki ZX-6, Yamaha R6 and the CBR 600 RR. Out of them all the CBR felt the best and it would have been a tough call between that and the R6 but the prob being that there are no more R6's left in the state, they sell out quick and almost all of them had to be pre orderd in the spring. Not that the CBR is my second choice but it does feel very good sitting on it. I dont have a long reach and the handle bars are close to the tank

Black95GTS said:
Well if I'm not mistaken, he already has a P/U truck, so hes got a good set of wheels. And unless your car is something silly fast, its tough to beat something weighing 10 percent of the car with 35 percent of the horsepower that revs to 13Gs. I steal my buddys R6 to go cruisin all the time, its got 130 horse and weighs 370 pounds. Thats STOCK! I mean... damn.

I have a feeling that you'll be seeing a similar thread from me next summer.

Good luck, loud pipes save lives. Especially in Maine, old people in town cars everywhere!

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 as my daily driver. And your right people drive like idiots up here especially the old people and throw in the retarted tourists and there are some days were its just safer to stay at home.

WhiteStallionGT said:
Your post got my teary eyed. I just imagined me having to wash my car for the last time before I had to give it away. :(

its not easy, try actually doing it then comming in and typing that :( . Oddly after the car drove away and prob seeing it for the last time I felt calm inside and almost releaved. Im not sure why but I think I was just getting tired of the whole... what to mod next, what thousands of dollars to spend on what. It was getting pretty bad that when ever I had extra money it went to the car. I just hope the new owners take care of it as well as I did. Watching it drive away was really hard but I hope the bike will heal some salted wounds.

I sort of hoped you would have had a change of heart and kept your stang, but if this is what makes you happy then that is all that matters. I will NEVER sell mine, and I mean NEVER. I have too much time, money, memories, and accomplishments in my car to ever think of parting with it, it'd KILL me to see someone driving my creation.

Killercanary said:
I sort of hoped you would have had a change of heart and kept your stang, but if this is what makes you happy then that is all that matters. I will NEVER sell mine, and I mean NEVER. I have too much time, money, memories, and accomplishments in my car to ever think of parting with it, it'd KILL me to see someone driving my creation.

I agree paul but after having the bike just under a week and having the choice of the car or the bike Id take the bike hands down. Its so damn fun I cant even describe it. I still love stangs and I'll always remember the best one I had but it was a serious money pit. Its nice to only owe $1,800 per yr for the bike payment VS spending on what I was starting to average $3,000 - $4,000 per yr on the stang. Eventually I was going to need a new motor, better rear end, and transmission. It just did not have an end in sight.

Plus the bike is way faster then the stang was :D :D