Brakes: Best Bang for the Buck...(Under $1k)

i bought the front cobra brake kit and added some brembo cross drilled rotors out back. this is more than adequate for my needs. i see no need to shell out the cash for brembos unless you are doing some serious track racing. under most street conditions, the cobra upgrade is more than plenty. 100% improvement over stock.

• Sponsors (?)

Some Good Schtuff here.

How about this:

I go with the $800 +/- set of Brembos for the front... I already have SS lines (IM guessing I can keep them).

Then sell the PBR's that are in the front now.

Then go with Cobra Rears.

This should provide a big change over Front PBR's and Stock rears??

RC

HUGE change. You'll be a very happy man. might want to check to make sure the lines will work.

HUGE change. You'll be a very happy man. might want to check to make sure the lines will work.

I think Roger is convincing me to go with Cobra's all around...Same Caliper as my PBR but will perform better than stock rears and Stock PBR rotor in front.

If that's the case, I will sell my front PBR's cheap.

RC

I think Roger is convincing me to go with Cobra's all around...Same Caliper as my PBR but will perform better than stock rears and Stock PBR rotor in front.

If that's the case, I will sell my front PBR's cheap.

RC

this is what I will be doing this spring. I wanted to go with the 4 pistons up front...but I simply don't have the cash at the moment. The nice thing however is if you decide to upgrade in the future, the 4 pistons will bolt right up to the cobra setup, so instead of having to buy a whole new kit, all you need is the calipers.

I am preaty sure the bullit and mach had cobra style brakes that had the horse instead of cobra writen on them.

bullits have the horse, and the machs are plain.

as for the brembos, i reused my brake hoses with no problems.

my whole deal with upgrading to the brembos is the fact that i would get alot of fade from the cobras(hawk hps pad) if i was doing some "spirited" highway driving. since then i've done quite a bit of highway racing and not had one hint of fade.

bullits have the horse, and the machs are plain.

as for the brembos, i reused my brake hoses with no problems.

my whole deal with upgrading to the brembos is the fact that i would get alot of fade from the cobras(hawk hps pad) if i was doing some "spirited" highway driving. since then i've done quite a bit of highway racing and not had one hint of fade.

so which ones do u have?:shrug:

i bought the front cobra brake kit and added some brembo cross drilled rotors out back. this is more than adequate for my needs. i see no need to shell out the cash for brembos unless you are doing some serious track racing. under most street conditions, the cobra upgrade is more than plenty. 100% improvement over stock.

You have the PBR's up front. Swap out the rotors for 13 inch rotors up front and 11.5's out back. Get Akebono ceramic pads and you're done. No need to shell out un-needed money. Especially with a new motor purchase down the road.

You have the PBR's up front. Swap out the rotors for 13 inch rotors up front and 11.5's out back. Get Akebono ceramic pads and you're done. No need to shell out un-needed money. Especially with a new motor purchase down the road.

That's whay I thought was All I needed. When the time comes, Ill contact you for places to buy this stuff.

My PBR's were polished anyways so I would like to keep them.

RC