Clutch Cable Help

• Sponsors (?)

I too would only recommend the maximum motorsports cable or the Ford OEM if you can still find one.

That said, if you're stuck on an adjustable cable alone, as opposed to using a firewall adjuster, then go with Steeda. New ones are like 70 bux. It's the best adjustable on the market, but it still won't be as nice as an MM cable with adjustable firewall and aftermarket quadrant.

I currently have the MM in one of my foxes, and a Steeda in the other. Pedal effort is smoother and easier with the MM. The steeda's is not bad, though.

Warning, if you waste your money on parts store cables, you will be sorry. They stretch out causing clutch engagement issues that can result in transmission damage. They become so hard to push down that they can make you hate driving the car.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm rocking a Steeda cable, double hood quadrant and firewall adjuster combo and zero complains. IMO, the Steeda cable is right up there with the OE and MM unit.

+1 for Steeda ... send me an email if I can help assist with an order ... you can reach me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

I guess I am the only one who had terrible luck with the MM cable. Bought one, and it was way too long. Had to send it back. I actually think the BBK cable is the best, because the bracket gives you the most clearance for long tubes. It is also the most expensive. I currently have a Steeda cable with a BBK mount bracket. The Steeda bracket wouldn't clear the long tubes.

Kurt