Completion Compilation Pics of my 89 Mach 1 Notch

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Now that it's complete, I figured that I'd condense the photos revolving around the build into one thread, minus all of the comments that went into the build, So as opposed to a build thread,....consider it a "Built" thread.

mustangbuild001.jpg

mustangbuild002.jpg

mustangengineswap285.jpg

mustangengineswap283.jpg

mustangbuild363.jpg

mustangbuild358.jpg

mustangengineswap046.jpg

mustangengineswap048.jpg

mustangengineswap111.jpg

mustangengineswap063.jpg

mustangengineswap060.jpg

mustangengineswap147.jpg

mustangengineswap151.jpg

mustangengineswap161.jpg

mustangengineswap160.jpg

mustangengineswap070.jpg

mustangengineswap078.jpg

mustangengineswap064.jpg

mustangengineswap076.jpg

mustangengineswap081.jpg

mustangengineswap091.jpg

mustangengineswap136.jpg

mustangengineswap122.jpg

mustangengineswap128.jpg

mustangengineswap210.jpg

mustangengineswap204.jpg

mustangengineswap208.jpg

mustangengineswap213.jpg

mustangengineswap238.jpg

mustangengineswap235.jpg

MODS AT A GLANCE:

BODY/PAINT:
  • 1989 Notch w/ reproduction 1968 front and rear sheet metal blended in.
  • Front and rear fascias are 100% steel. No fiberglass was used to blend in metal components.
  • Front end features 7" Tri-Y halogen headlights, and 5" driving lamps in recess in lower grille.
  • Rear end uses reproduction 1968 tail lights modified w/LED sequential turn signal light kit.
  • Gas tank is custom fabricated, holds 16 gals, and fills through rear filler neck.
  • Exhaust exits through fabricated, louvered tips out of lower valance.
  • PPG base/clear 1969 Ford Candy Apple Red w/ hot rod black accents
  • Custom mach1 stripe kit
ENGINE:
2002 4.6 2 Valve Modular engine. 65,000 miles.
Engine has following mods:
  • CNC ported stage 2 Patriot Performance heads
  • Patriot Performance Satge 1 cams
  • Edelbrock Victor intake manifold
  • Holley Avenger 600 CFM vacuum secondary carb
  • Holley HP 125 electric fuel pump
  • Flowtech 1"5/8 long tube headers, 2.25" full length exhaust
  • MSD Engine management timing computer
  • Jegs 2 row aluminum radiator w/ Derale Tornado cooling fan
  • Estimated HP 325 WHP.
TRANSMISSION:
2002 Tremec Tr 3650 5 speed
  • B&M Ripper shifter w/ Hurst pistol grip shift handle
  • Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
  • UPR Double hook aluminum quadrant, and firewall adjuster
  • FRPP adjustable cable/HD fork
REAR END:
1989 8.8" HD rear end.
  • New 28 spline axles
  • Rebuilt Traction Loc differential
  • New Motive 3.73 gears
  • New Bearings and seals through out
SUSPENSION/STEERING:
  • UPR Steel caster camber plates
  • UPR Front coil over kit
  • UPR 150 lb front springs
  • Rebuilt lower control arms w/ new bushings and ball joints
  • 1995 spindles w/ new hubs
  • Flaming River manual steering rack. Standard ratio (20:1) 3.5 turns lock to lock
  • Flaming river solid steering shaft w/ DD universal joints.
  • Full Length welded subframe connectors, w/ integral jacking rails welded to rockers
  • Boxed rear upper and lower control arms w/ new Steeda poly bushings
  • Strange Single adjustable Aluminum Coil overs w/ 12" 150 rear springs
BRAKES:
  • Wilwood aluminum manual master Cylinder 7/8" bore
  • Remanufactured 1995 Cobra dual piston calipers w/ new 13" rotors
  • New 1995 Cobra rear calipers w/ new 11.65 rotors
  • Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve
  • Braided SS short lines on all 4 corners
INTERIOR:
  • 1989 "sport seat" front buckets w/ adjustable leg bolsters
  • 1965 mustang Deluxe door panel inserts
  • Autometer "Cruiser" electric 6 gauge set in custom wood panel
  • Seats recovered in TMI Mach 1 style upholstery
  • ACC carpetYu
  • Stinger foil backed sound deaden er covers entire floor and side quarter panels
  • Interior vinyl dyed red to match red band in seat back.
  • Panasonic sound system w/ Blue tooth and Sirius radio.
  • 10" subwoofer mounted behind passenger seat
  • Vintage Air rear mount A/C system, mounted behind back seat blowing forward
WHEELS/TIRES:
  • 17 x 7 Centerline Billet fronts w/ Nitto 225 x 50 x 17 NT 450 fronts
  • 17 x 10 Centerline Billet rears w/ NIitto 275 x 50 x 17 NT 450 Rears
Pictures are too numerous to list here, but you can see every photo associated w/ this car at:
http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

• Sponsors (?)

Hope it works out for the best, bud!

....if it doesn't I got a stick of gum, two firecrackers and a marble.:shrug:

SSeater; race-a-holic ; Noobz347 ; jrichker ; NIKwoaC ; srtthis ; VibrantRedGT ; Vaz88GT ; droptop 5.0; hoopty5.0 ; 95BlueStallion LarsD ; 90stang5speed ; fiveohwblow.

You guys were there lending support from the get go. I just wanted to say, thanks to all of you for the input and well wishes.
I just added several pictures that went back from inception, and saw that almost everyone of you were there from the get go.
Again, thanks for the advice, it has been alot more fun sharing each day as I built this thing w/ the lot of you.

You all made the experience so much better, I didn't even mind admitting my stupid mistakes, that I learned these valuable lessons from:

#1. Always wear safety glasses. ( You never know when a cut off wheel is gonna explode and put your eye out kid)
#2 Never back a project car out of the garage under it's own power until it has a way to stop it other than running it into the full body rottisserie at the end of the driveway.
#3. When welding be mindful of changes in the way the air smells. If something smells like it's burning,...It's burning, and most of the time it's you.
#4. Never trust a machine shop to have done everything that you assume was done, i.e., it's always that stupid little oil galley plug that'll end up being a HUGE pain in the ass to replace.
#5 Going hand-in-hand w/ #4, wait to put the pricey synthetic oil in a fresh or newly modified engine until after you've had to clean it up off the floor of your garage. Bottom line, if your gonna dump 4.5 qts of oil out on the floor, go w/ standard crude.
#6 If the price is too good to be true, it's Chinese.
#7. Buddy deal paint jobs are never going to be something you're happy with.
#8. If you put 1968 sheet metal on a non-1968 fox body,...be prepared for the select few that see a Pinto instead of a Bullitt.

Reactions: 4 users
SSeater; race-a-holic ; Noobz347 ; jrichker ; NIKwoaC ; srtthis ; VibrantRedGT ; Vaz88GT ; droptop 5.0; hoopty5.0 ; 95BlueStallion LarsD ; 90stang5speed ; pottymouth.

You guys were there lending support from the get go. I just wanted to say, thanks to all of you for the input and well wishes.
I just added several pictures that went back from inception, and saw that almost everyone of you were there from the get go.
Again, thanks for the advice, it has been alot more fun sharing each day as I built this thing w/ the lot of you.

You all made the experience so much better, I didn't even mind admitting my stupid mistakes, that I learned these valuable lessons from:

#1. Always wear safety glasses. ( You never know when a cut off wheel is gonna explode and put your eye out kid)
#2 Never back a project car out of the garage under it's own power until it has a way to stop it other than running it into the full body rottisserie at the end of the driveway.
#3. When welding be mindful of changes in the way the air smells. If something smells like it's burning,...It's burning, and most of the time it's you.
#4. Never trust a machine shop to have done everything that you assume was done, i.e., it's always that stupid little oil galley plug that'll end up being a HUGE pain in the ass to replace.
#5 Going hand-in-hand w/ #4, wait to put the pricey synthetic oil in a fresh or newly modified engine until after you've had to clean it up off the floor of your garage. Bottom line, if your gonna dump 4.5 qts of oil out on the floor, go w/ standard crude.
#8. If you put 1968 sheet metal on a non-1968 fox body,...be prepared for the select few that see a Pinto instead of a Bullitt.
:nice: as always, you make me laugh with your posts, and we truly like to see projects of this magnitude around here. Thanks for sharing!

Although, this seems to be a dear John letter :(

Say it ain't so!

SSeater; race-a-holic ; Noobz347 ; jrichker ; NIKwoaC ; srtthis ; VibrantRedGT ; Vaz88GT ; droptop 5.0; hoopty5.0 ; 95BlueStallion LarsD ; 90stang5speed ; pottymouth.

dude this made me laugh...

I was just remembering the car scootching off the cinder block on the jack stand while you were sanding on it...Thank goodness you didn't have a hardway lesson from that, it could've been bad!

Edit:
BTW- you'd better still hangout here and visit the SW even if you do sell the car... We're going to be upset if you don't.

I was just remembering the car scootching off the cinder block on the jack stand while you were sanding on it...Thank goodness you didn't have a hardway lesson from that, it could've been bad!

Edit:
BTW- you'd better still hangout here and visit the SW even if you do sell the car... We're going to be upset if you don't.
I was remembering that too! Thank god for fences, for more than one reason lol

Edit:
It's in one of the pictures I added. The car would've been OK even if the jackstand would've came off,....it was only sitting three anyway.

They don't like me in SW,....Whole bunch of people who don't know I actually did get hit in the face w/ a 2 x 4.