DCC question

PIMTOUT

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
kingsford,mi
does anyone know at what temp the fan kicks into high...is it like 20 deg higher than whatever temp you set it for?....my car runs hotter than it did b4 i put this in....the fan doent run at full speed just like it says ..but at what point does it kick in.....when i ran the fan direct at full it kept the engine at about 190...to 200 if i was hammering it then would come back down to 190 in about a minute.. now it runs at about 195..and gets up to almost 210...and stays there for like 10 minutes..if the fan was running at full this would not happen.....i have a 180 state and have tried the jumpers at both 180 and 173 with the same results...i am gonna try 166 and see.....

• Sponsors (?)

HMMM....Sounds very similar to issues I had with my first DCC. I didn't personally hook the first one up, and I felt it was too close to a heat source. It seemed to work here and there, but I constantly found myself under the hood and tinkering with jumpers to try and find a good setting. It never happened and the unit pretty much croaked on me within 6 months. I did, though, purchase a new one and relocated it to what I felt was a better location, near the battery. I also purchased the remote temp controller so I could control the fan temp from within the car (I also recommend purchasing the LED light for inside the car to monitor the controller output). Since I re-did the setup like this, I have had absolutely no issues keeping the car cool. Perhaps your controller or temp sensor is defective.