Deeper exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought an 06 vert, and I've always been a flowie guy on all my SBC's, but I think I'm gunna roll the dice on a Pypes mid-muffler system. They sound $h*t hot imo. I wish I could hear some more in person tho - sound clip[ are great and all, but there are some variables that you just can't hear thru a pair of speakers. gl meng, it's a toughy

there is a sticky in the tech section i believe that has all different clips of different exhaust set ups. there are a lot of them so I'm pretty sure you can find the sound you're looking for

Are you still running the OEM catted H? My Flows were too quiet before I swapped the OEM H for the O/R H! Although there is more drone, I love these MACs with the O/R H:rock:

Just installed MAC axel backs this AM...adds a completely different attitude to the car. It drones like heck around 2000 RPM, but depending on shifting, gear, & how much throttle you're giving it the tone stays mellow. I'll grab some sound clips tomorrow, but I'm very happy with them.

As per "sound clips", the MAC seems like they're too tinny. the Brenspeed clips sound good, but all the others just seem loud with a cheapee flowie tone to em (ya chambered muffler duh!). Just my .02 - listen to the peeps that actually have em'!!!!! I'm still goin with the mid-muffler system by Pypes :D

blackraven - sounds pretty nice................I dunno, I'm gettin older now (35), and I know that the clip I've heard of the mid-muff. system isn't quiet by any means, but has the tone I want, with a moderate volume (and no popping).

Pypes mid-muffler system is the best. Also magnapacks and stingers are good but stay away from chambered mufflers as they just don't have the sound of the previous generation stangs. The first thing I said when I heard a S197 with the pypes mid-muffler and a catted H was that it sounded very close to the previous generation stangs. It was very deep and didn't have that tin sound that all the chambered mufflers have on the S197.

A clip a the pypes mid-muffler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANDdIp2GjY

I went to a local muffler shop and had them weld in Magnapacks with a 14" long body and 4" round about 6" behind the H pipe. They finished off the rear with stainless and some Maganaflow tips for around $350. At first the sound was good but the volume was a little disappointing. After about 500 miles the volume fixed itself and the sound improved also. Yea I know this is worthless without sound clips.

Stock system except for the muffler delete and 18" long x 4" tips. Nice loud, deep sound. $80.00 at the shop that did the work and the stock mufflers still will bolt back on if need be.

You just gave me an idea. I forgot how these mufflers are basically plug and play. You bastard! I loved how it sounded without mufflers, now I can have a swappable system to put my Magnaflows back on if I want to.