DO WANT!!!

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
racecraft9inch.jpg

View attachment 153560

anyone think a racecraft 9inch fab'd rear is a bit over kill for a stock 302??? really how sexy is this thing?!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

D, you'd be looking at $3500 easy to do the entire rear....plus $400 in new control arms. I just priced out a 9" Strange set-up with a Team Z housing I can fill you in, atleast it looks like the Racecraft has the attachment points in the correct position.

haha im not actually buying one... its justs exy as hell.

rick
eric from racecraft aka skinnyman just went 1.11 on a 275 last month with that rear in his car.

Funny, I woke up this morning thinking about the same topic. I'm getting ready to start putting together an old '86 later this year, and the car already has an 8.8 with an auburn diff and a 3.27 gear... but I'm thinking it will be easier to just buy another Strange sheetmetal 9" like I have in my '89. Don't have to worry about c-clip eliminators, don't have to worry about setting up new guts with 33 or 35 spline axles, don't have to worry about installing new brakes... just call Strange and place an order.

I think I'm going to do that. Sure a sheetmetal 9" is overkill for a car that I'm hoping will run low tens, but it IS the easy route.

Screw an IRS I worked in the shop of the biggest 03/04 tuner in the country for about 4 years. If I never install another half shaft or set of its bushings I'll be a happy man

Reactions: 1 user
I used to love IRS until a few of my friends bought corvettes and guilted me into working on them. Don't know if Cobras are as bad, but setting up rear spindle bearing thrust on a C3 Corvette is a pain in the third member. I will never, ever ever ever never buy one of those things!

why doesn't your fox have IRS?
Who said it doesnt?
I used to love IRS until a few of my friends bought corvettes and guilted me into working on them. Don't know if Cobras are as bad, but setting up rear spindle bearing thrust on a C3 Corvette is a pain in the third member. I will never, ever ever ever never buy one of those things!
A c3 IRS is old tech by the standard of IRS. Termi's got a bum wrap because they crammed an IRS into a car designed for a solid axle. C5's and C6's are deep into the 8's on IRS, stock IRS. Stock, yes they blow, but so does a stock 8.8