Exhaust Smell

I have those same ones, and bought them for the same reason with likley the same setup. In my build thread there's pics of when I installed them into my BBK ORH. Just make sure to make an outline of sorts on some card board as a template before you go cutting on the H Pipe. You should just be able to search "squirts" and find my thread.

Found it! Great help.

May have found a charcoal canister locally , where on the car is the semi hard line that goes to the tank? Maybe a pic?

• Sponsors (?)

Found it! Great help.

May have found a charcoal canister locally , where on the car is the semi hard line that goes to the tank? Maybe a pic?

I don't have a pic but it will enter the engine compartment on the passenger side along the framrail and past the shock tower, meet up with the canister at the radiator support.
You may have to look under the car where the frame rail and the toe board (footwell) come together
Should be a hard plastic line I think.

Like the man said earlier in the thread, if it's running rich it will smell and burn your eyes sometimes. Probably needs a comp. tune. I'm having the same issue but just putting the tune off till I have some funds avail. it runs good so it will have to wait.

Like the man said earlier in the thread, if it's running rich it will smell and burn your eyes sometimes. Probably needs a comp. tune. I'm having the same issue but just putting the tune off till I have some funds avail. it runs good so it will have to wait.

Would a tune be needed with a stock head, b cam, cobra intake 306? That's close to stock.

When I dive into the engine bay I am checking for a chip and timing

Nah, not really.

Your main issue is you have several codes for sensors, and a few EVAP system components removed. A tune can Band-Aid all that, or you can correct the issues.

I think with your mod list, a tune is overkill.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah, not really.

Your main issue is you have several codes for sensors, and a few EVAP system components removed. A tune can Band-Aid all that, or you can correct the issues.

I think with your mod list, a tune is overkill.

That's what I was thinking, make sure the codes are dealt with check my timing check my fuel pressure etc.

Ok,...putting the thread back TTT. Where do you install these damn things? I can replace the flex coupler that is right at the bottom of the down pipe just as it turns to go under the floor. That'll put that hot MF about a foot down stream of the WB sensor. It'll also be really close to my floor. Will that heat be a factor w/ regard to the carpet? I'd bet that there'd only be 1/2" at the most clearance between the top of that CC, and the bottom of my floor.

I've seen that some have had issues w/ the O2 sensor getting hot, or having a problem afterwards, so I'm not looking to mitigate things here.

And of course,..I only need the one.

@madmike1157 I'm sure the Cat will get very hot, but doubt it will be hotter than the turbo! You could look for some heat shielding like they put between the floor and cats on the newer mustangs and use that?

like this.

bassanixpipeon.jpg

@madmike1157 I'm sure the Cat will get very hot, but doubt it will be hotter than the turbo! You could look for some heat shielding like they put between the floor and cats on the newer mustangs and use that?

like this.

bassanixpipeon.jpg
I've decided to steal the method that motor cycles use on their exhaust pipes, and make a heat shield that is attached to the exhaust tubing itself w/ small stand-offs.

Reactions: 2 users
What would the better move be if these are not fancy stock ones, get a maf that matches or get some stocks? I know I gotta pull one to confirm what they are.

But stock heads, cobra intake, b cam, probably don't need 24's