Forum Upgrades

Just reading all these posts....I'll get flamed for this...but simply put, be patient people. It seems that Mike and his people are trying to improve the site, and if there's a week or so of squinting to look at the tech that you all love, then put up with it....

I don't normally post on these update/news threads, but I am in a minority and wanted to address one issue that some might not be aware of (or probably care about. LOL). As one of the few Dial-up users, the load speed has really gone down with this new format. I know DU users are not a large demographic, but are there any tricks to speed it up (on my end or otherwise)?

BTW, I tried Greymoon last night (I think that is what it is called) and me likey.

Congrats on the improvements Herr Raburn!

Since the upgrade here is what I get, is there anything I can do to improve on this? :(

untitled0oz.jpg

Attachments

• untitled0oz.jpg
    untitled0oz.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 114
One other detail that may be worth mention:

It seems that half of the emoticons are either x'd out or are fuzzy little squares of static. They're not all displaying.

Edit: Oooops, I see that I'm a little late with the post. My display is not near as severe as the one shown two posts ago though.

MRaburn said:
There was no way to keep the old styles with the upgrade. You should not be getting red Xs as long as www.stangnet.com is allowed on the network.

what do u mean "allowed" i can go to stangnet.com, andeverything comes up fine. No red x or error. taht means its allowed right?

The red x i'm getting is only the smilies.

Edit - never miond. its working now... i still can't load animated avater tho

Yes, just checked out the new "Darkplanet" skin. I love it! Great job! :nice:

Posting and editing is working perfect now. Immediate post with no load screen inbetween. So much better. :D

EDIT: MRaburn, any plans on adding more smillies?