Getting Close...

The Mouse is a little bitch...
Was going to fire it up Friday.
Thursday, I remember that the A5 needs a special elixir, which of course pretty much no one has heard of. Found some in Texas, but, cannot be overnight'd, so it's on a slow truck that makes a lot of stops between there and here. So, even once I fire it up, I cannot drive it. Bah!
Went to put the dizzy in Friday thinking it would fire Friday... dizzy shaft has about 1/2" play!!! Upon closer inspection, the dizzy is not the original. No idea where this came from, never paid anyone to ditch the original, so, here I have this cheap aftermarket dizzy with no-name internals that is wore out, and has been drilled a few times. Junk.
Luckily, engine builder has a couple good old stock dizzy's in the attic, of course, they are missing components, so, spend the rest of Friday dissembling/checking/rebuilding a "good" FoMoCo dizzy.
Hit the key on Saturday, turn the fuel pump on, and... you guessed it... leaking gas, bad fuel rail... Spend Saturday getting that sorted.
Sunday, hit the key, pump on, ignition on, fires, but sounds like it's missing on 1 or 2 cylinders, shut it down. Check all wiring/plugs, good to go. Need to fire it again and have a listen... but, fuel pump will not prime. hmm. Blown relay. Fix that, fire it up, missing, shut it down. WTF... ??
Maybe injectors are clogged... maybe letting it get up to temp will "magically" un-gum them.
Again, hit the key, turn pump on... nothing... blew the relay again. Grr... maybe a sign to not just let it run with the miss and crossed fingers.
Farg-it.
This weeks mission is to pull the injectors, send them out for cleaning/testing, figure out why the fuel pump is blowing relays.
Oh, need to order new rear tires.

Taking bets...
Will it run before Christmas??

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Synergyn Syngear II Transmission Fluid... 1qt, then top off with Mercon V Based ATF.
Astro recommends the Mercon V Based ATF to be Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.

T56 in my case. I'm just curious as to what would account for the difference in recommendation. I know synthetic shouldn't be used in my Strange S-trac. And my shop used synthetic. It felt like the rear was almost an open differential.