Got My New 5.0 Mag...Depressed

TripleBlack95 said:
I had written a huge paragraph on how our cars and our body style and engine blow everyone else's out of the water, but I'll leave it at this.

1995 Saleen S-351 (Speedster or coupe, don't remember if they made the speedster that year)

Yeah, that's right. This car still looks better than a fox, 99-04, and even maybe the 05's.

Beyotch. Our body style when supped up right still looks new.
i could not agree any more. just look at the special models made in 95. the pivitol cobra r, the hardtop convertible :D , the speedster, etc. now if we can only find a picture of the single s-351 with the hardtop convertible option and send that into those chowderheads.

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh: Vib the fact that in each picture of either you or your buddy there was a beer makes it all the funnier :nice:

i don't mind the heiny so long as i pay attention to the amount i drink
if i crack open the rum and coke while working on my car...
**** it, i'm toast. I have to work on a timer.
either the job gets done in 2 hours
or the bottle does.

Engel said:
I think the 05 looks closest to the 60's with the sn95 as my second favorite, no offense to fox guys but the look is way too 80's for me

there are a few minor things i don't like about the fox bodies...
the square head/tail lights
and the square dash/console.

but i mean, it should be self explanitory since i purchased an sn95 that has absoluely NO square components on the entire car.... no wait... my mp3 deck is square :shrug:
i hate the '05s. :puke:
but i think everyone on this board already knows that.

mustang_2099 said:
If I am not mistaken (but I do have the Canadian Issue) Red headed Step Child refered to the 96-98 4.6L GT's and they are doing the series to try to get 300rwhp out of (a non-PI headed) one.

oh ya, i forgot about that.....was that 5.0 or MMFF?

Wow you guys are harsh. First off, so WHAT if our car is refered to as the red headed step child. I know for a fact that I told MJ (assoc. editor for 5.0)that was what our cars were refered to as. It doesn't bother me in the least. We really are that as we don't fit in... we have the old school power plant in a "new school" body. I LOVE it that way. And as for bashing the editors of 5.0, I think that's uncalled for. I concider myself friends with MJ and I can tell you he is one hell of a guy and not a moron editor as was stated earlier in this thread. This thread has made me want to vomit, it sounds like a bunch of highschool cry babies. Has there been too much of the '05??? Undoubtably YES, but its the newest, latest and greatest... our cars are not sorry to say. There just isn't a whole lot of new things happening in the 5.0 market, and when they do they get published. (ex: the BBK intake, the new world blocks, etc). Think of how sick we all get when newbies ask what pulleys to buy or what gears to get... well the same sort of holds true for how many times you can read about the same stuff over and over in a magazine. The new mustang has taken the ENTIRE automotive market by storm. You have guys buying these cars that have NEVER owned even a blue oval before, and its smart marketing to run stories on such a hot car because they are more likely to sell a few more mags to the random guys at the newstand that has been hearing about this new mustang and decides to pick up an issue. (I know I do that with C&D and such when I see them run a test on brand X's cars that interest me.) And then there is us, the mustang loyalist that are interested too in learning what the '05 is capable of and how far people are pushing them already. I was speaking with Charlie (onebad95) last night and he pointed out that this happended when the '03 cobra came out, hell it happend when our cars came out... maybe not to the extent at which is happening now with the 2005 mustang, but none of those cars had the masses flocking to the dealerships to buy one like it does either. I do think they are going a little overboard with it, but like I said I hear through the grapevine that there will be other NON-2005 mustang stuff trickling down in the upcomming issues. I still think the magazines can provide a wealth of information if you know what look for and how to decifer the true results of test and such.

How about this... what would YOU like to see and read about EXACTLY? You know what, I'm going to start a new thread right now on this. Maybe if they knew what other things people would like to read about they'd be inclined to run such articles. Right now more people want to read about the '05 than our 10 year old pushrod cars...

i feel the same way--nearly every page is either dedicated to the '05 or a 96+. i often wonder how they manage to get away w/ the title of "5.0" when there's WAY more 4.6 stuff. leave that mix up to MM&FF. it's called 5.0 for a reason, but they've lost sight of that, unfortunately. point it: FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. just because there's a couple 5.0 doesn't mean you can keep the title!

poopy faces!

95Vert said:
I'm dead serious. I live in Northt Mexico, wait, no, it's deep south texas(5min from border). They sell a lot of corona, tecate, XX, modelo a lot of MX beer. Kind of sucks!!!! Sam Adams is also a myth here. :nonono:

no $hit, dude, i'm in mcallen. i'm more of a liquor guy, but corona is the best bear i've ever tasted.

95Vert said:
See, I'm not lying. I used to like corona but came fed up really quick with the bastard hang overs I would get from corona. Not even Budweiser would be that bad. McAllen, go to the track often? Maybe we can get together sometime? :cheers:

yeah, dude, we should get together and ride around on a thursday, maybe, and head out to the track. i lived in north mcallen for 4 years (panam) and moved home (la joya) this summer to save some cash--i'm still here, though, heh. i'll probably move back out there soon--after the 4 years, i consider that my hometown, i guess.

i havn't been to the track in a while, but my buddies and i used to go religiously. i havn't really done much since i got the mustang--bought it as a project car (needs body work which i'm gonna start w/in the next month) but now it's my daily driver since my mom wrecked my truck. good thing, though, 'cause it's better on gas than the 02 ram.

do you cruise around thursday nights? where do you hang out?