Help me with BLOWER parts!!!!

ADRENLN said:
also if i buy the gi joe kit which i think i will now, do all the pullies have to be 8 rib......like the blower pully?
yes.
that is the point of an 8-rip kit.

also, it was mentioned that you shouldn't get the 8-rib kit up front, but i disagree on this. For the power levels you want to achieve now and later, it won't hurt. you also stated that you are having someone install it and tune it.
if that is true, teh 8-rib kit upgrade later on will cost you more money than you will want to spend as the labor will kick you in the pocket. the blower will have to be removed to install the pullies.
it is all up to you though.

• Sponsors (?)

thank you all very much, you all answered many of my questions!

yea, i will be buying a built block before the blower goes on the car. i do want to do it right the first time so i guess i will go with the 8 rib kit. one thing throws me off there though. for the kit, it asks you to specify what intake you have. right now i have the stocker with accufab plenum/tb. i dont know how this effects the 8 rib kit but i will be getting the p51 later on.

the p51 is also listed in the choices to pick....ayone have an idea why this would effect the pullies?

i believe the novi for sale in mph forum is a 1000...i want the 2000. also the maf 2400 sounds about right

thanks again.:nice:

guys i just got confused by someone on the blower pully sizes. they told me the normal boost amount for the 3.1 pully is about 12psi??? i thought it would be more then that. should i go with the 2.9 right off the bat? i just want to buy the right pully the first time as i will have no extra money for anything.......what im going to do is really stretching it as it is.

it asks for intake because some intakes relocate the alternator causing slight modifications to the kit. I'm not sure about the P-51 intake though. why are you getting that?
as far as the pulley size, most people do the 2.9. 8 rib kits are usually designed for the smaller pulley sizes since those are the sizes most commonly related to belt slip. you can actually do a 3.1 pulley on a 6-rib application with success. you can't really have a universal 8rib system with all pulley sizes due to lack of 8rib belt sizes. just do the 2.9 with a stock crank size and I think you will be happy.
get a hold of GI joe and he will help you. he is a nice guy and you can find his site on the MPH website. it is listed at the top of the forum pages.

thanks sleeper. what do you mean by "the stock crank size?"

i think i will go to the 2.9 if im going with the 8 rib, might as well utilize the 8 rib right. what kind of boost does a 2.9 usually see, i dont want to go too crazy!

i have been talking to gi joe (dave). he is awsome, answered all my questions quickly. he said that he dont think my a/c delete will work with the 8 rib. : ( he said it he dont think it will line up right. he said the reinhard a/c delete will but its $270:jaw: think i will just throw my a/c back in if its still good:shrug: that reinhard a/c pully looks awsome though.

whats wrong with the p-51, i have to get a new intake down the line. i just like the looks of that one best. while being heavy as hell, it will be more solid and give me some more ponys boosted.

why don't you CALL up Tim @ MPH, and ask about the novi 2000 kit. it comes with everything you need, so no piecing together a kit like you're doing. not to mention it comes with his kickass tune, so you won't need to get a dyno tune, just a dyno pull to check your a/f ratio.

I dunno, just my 2 cents.

well im kind of exceeding tims kit at this poit. besides i dont even see the novi kit anymore, just the vortech.:shrug:

i have a tuner so i wouldnt need the tune, the focus pump is not going to cut it at the power levels im going for i dont think, and i want the intercooler. so that is not really a mongoose kit anymore.

all i could do is call tim and peice it together through him anyway. at this point i dont think he could even beat the price i got on the blower and intercooler from superchargersonline.com. i did try to contact tim but didnt head anything back before these other guys.

i think i called their shop last year about heads and cams and tim was busy also. so i just went with the foxlake stuff. i really hate waiting when i gonna spend that type of cash. if i wait i might not go through it!:D

yea ive actually lifted the p51 at a show...that thing was so heavy.

i think it looks so big and ugly that it looks cool. like its monsterous.:D

i think it flows better then the bullit too, doesnt it?

Yea in stock form its better than the bullitt....but if im not mistaken its also P&Pd from the factory, or atleast some of it is. Stock, the bullitt is about as good as a PI intake with a plenum..only think you may gain is some torque.

P&P the bullitt, and my money would be on the bullitt.

But like I told another person, a P&Pd bullitt with new TB and brakets...EVERYTHING would run somewhere around $2000. P51 @ 1400 and you can reuse your TB.

HPS is also out. Unported I think it worth only a 5RWHP peak (on a bolton GT) and you can reuse the plenum and TB. It should be a bit better than a bullitt, but cheaper, as it adveraged over 20HP better and 5HP peak over a PI intake that had a plenum. (reused on the HPS I think)

Ported and you would have another P51 killer on your hands...heck even unported as it sets, it would come down to a few HP difference. And for $795 + gaskets, you cant beat it IMHO. And it should be a heck of a lot lighter than the P51 haha.
But its all up to you, just throwing out a suggestion :)

it sounds like money is a concern at this point, so why don't you stay with the stocker? they flow well, are light, and you already have one. I've seen plenty of cars at your wanted power level with the stocker. I would be patient and just do the intake a little later once you get the majority of these mods under your belt.

i am doing the intake later down the road after i do it blower and everything else. thaks for the other suggestion hotmustang. i thought that that lower was the one that was tested on a high compression engine so it got good numbers? any other tests on that lower one?

ADRENLN said:
well im kind of exceeding tims kit at this poit. besides i dont even see the novi kit anymore, just the vortech.:shrug:

i have a tuner so i wouldnt need the tune, the focus pump is not going to cut it at the power levels im going for i dont think, and i want the intercooler. so that is not really a mongoose kit anymore.

all i could do is call tim and peice it together through him anyway. at this point i dont think he could even beat the price i got on the blower and intercooler from superchargersonline.com. i did try to contact tim but didnt head anything back before these other guys.

i think i called their shop last year about heads and cams and tim was busy also. so i just went with the foxlake stuff. i really hate waiting when i gonna spend that type of cash. if i wait i might not go through it!:D

they subtract a price if you already have a tuner. I believe they dropped novi for procharger, but don't quote me. they also have interlcooler kits if you check their forums under small talk.

ADRENLN said:
hey, is the rr intake lighter then the p51? any dyno graphs for the rr intake vs. anything?

RR is a VERY high HP, VERY high RPM intake. You would loose all over the curve except at 6000RPM and up, or so I hear.

No, that was the PP typhoon intake that they tested on that high compression motor. It supposedly made 20HP, but some independant people have got ZERO HP out of them on bolton cars....and I think even one S/C didnt gain anything to note.

www.hiperformancesolutions.com has the "hardballr" and it was tested on a mild bolton GT that has been a test mule for their plenum in the past. Plenum gains were like dead on what they should be, so I believe the #s they advertise for the intake manifold. Supposedly they will be testing it out on a twin turbo mustang soon.

yea that is what i heard about the rr too. ive been told there are more numbers out for thr p-51 but they are unimpressive. i cant find them though. i searched google and all i found is a couple of people saying they picked up X amount of power with it.

i do remember a while back some guys bought one and said he lost power and sold it. i dont remember what board. i find it hard to believe that fox would make an intake that didnt have gains? their heads and tiny cams that i have are great!!!!

i still like the p 51 over the rr from what im reading, i need more readings on the 2 though. i wont go bullitt cause ill have to switch the 8 rib stuff, and that is not happening. well that is later so its not aconcern right now.:D

still pissed about the a/c delete not working...trying to decide if i want to piss away 270 bucks on the rr a/c delete pully. it better work for that kind of coin. i dont see why one would work and the other wouldnt?

ADRENLN said:
thank you all very much, you all answered many of my questions!

yea, i will be buying a built block before the blower goes on the car. i do want to do it right the first time so i guess i will go with the 8 rib kit. one thing throws me off there though. for the kit, it asks you to specify what intake you have. right now i have the stocker with accufab plenum/tb. i dont know how this effects the 8 rib kit but i will be getting the p51 later on.

the p51 is also listed in the choices to pick....ayone have an idea why this would effect the pullies?

i believe the novi for sale in mph forum is a 1000...i want the 2000. also the maf 2400 sounds about right

thanks again.:nice:

no the one in the for sale thread in small talk is a NOVI 2000 ;)

if you need a link i can PM it to you