How do I make my car quieter without plugging it up??

• Sponsors (?)

There really isn't much you can do.

Kurt

Cause every high HP car is super loud right?

He's just gonna have to trade in a couple ponies to get a reduction. Since his car is a street car, and seems to have an abundance of power....i think having a car that drives how he wants it while losing some power will be better for him than getting every ounce of HP out of it. Thats why he switched cams right? For how the car behaves on the street and not the track?

Id have to agree with the cats as well. Though I'm fairly sure you'd have to be running the factory smog equipment as well to pump air to them to help the catalyst process. Not sure if you're car is still smogged or not, havent read your thread in a while. I know even on my stock engine car when I threw on an H pipe with two "high flow" cats to pass emissions, it quieted it down to boring levels.

Sure sounds like a 03/04 cobra with a pulley/tune is what Keith needs :lol:

he built a monster and every other month he wants to refine it.

Keith, how big of a reduction do u want? I would vote for a couple high flow cats off eBay.

Hooker max flow mufflers are known in the turbo world for spectacular performance yet extremely quiet exhaust notes at idle. Yet at WOT they get Loud.

Not sure where those corsa mufflers fall loudness wise.

2 cats, hooker max flows, then "t" inti the exhaust tail pipe with a closed off pipe to eliminate drone(from the famous thread on the corral)

Even if the max flows didn't work, I'm sure u could fund a buyer pretty easily.

Id have to agree with the cats as well. Though I'm fairly sure you'd have to be running the factory smog equipment as well to pump air to them to help the catalyst process. Not sure if you're car is still smogged or not, havent read your thread in a while. I know even on my stock engine car when I threw on an H pipe with two "high flow" cats to pass emissions, it quieted it down to boring levels.

dont need smog pump...

LOL. You guys crack me up. :) The corsas are no drone, and fairly quiet idle, LOUD startup and WOT is like .. 4Harleys. Everyone knows I am getting on it. My wife heard me a MILE away getting on the expressway guys.

I have the magnapack mufflers and I had an O/R H pipe and it was beyond extremely loud. You couldnt talk w/ someone in the car. I put on an Catted X pipe and it quieted it down A LOT and it made it sound soooo much better anyway. Cats will help a lot w/ the sound level.

I have the magnapack mufflers and I had an O/R H pipe and it was beyond extremely loud. You couldnt talk w/ someone in the car. I put on an Catted X pipe and it quieted it down A LOT and it made it sound soooo much better anyway. Cats will help a lot w/ the sound level.

So did you lose power putting the cats back on. Mine is awful loud too. Have Magnaflows on it!!

LOL. You guys crack me up. :) The corsas are no drone, and fairly quiet idle, LOUD startup and WOT is like .. 4Harleys. Everyone knows I am getting on it. My wife heard me a MILE away getting on the expressway guys.

Like you I'm running Corsa's with the expectation that I would have a quieter system. My exhaust guy has tried resonators but there was no noticeable change. He and I am now of the opinion that an engine with a blower, cam 2 1/2 pipes with 3" tips is just going to be loud off idle. I'm thankful that the Corsa's eliminated to drone that I had with the Magnaflows.

Like you I'm running Corsa's with the expectation that I would have a quieter system. My exhaust guy has tried resonators but there was no noticeable change. He and I am now of the opinion that an engine with a blower, cam 2 1/2 pipes with 3" tips is just going to be loud off idle. I'm thankful that the Corsa's eliminated to drone that I had with the Magnaflows.

CTS-V, 03/04 cobra, ZR1....mean much to ya?

Those cars are not overly loud. Yes, they make more horsepower with more free flowing(read louder) exhaust, but in stock form they still make tons of hp. You cant have a quiet system and the best blowing at the same time.

Give up some hp if its that important to you. Car companies do it.