I NEED RUBBERS!

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 255/40/17 Kumho on the rear, no rubbing issues

835961_190_full.jpg

Hey Dodgestang...

In all the forums I frequent, you seem to have become the "go-to-guy" for wheel and tire questions. I just thought I'd thank you for all the work you went through to put all of that together. What ever possessed you to go to all that trouble and share it with us?

Thanks for doin' it!

What ever possessed you to go to all that trouble and share it with us?

$1100 Error

The first ever set of wheels and tires I bought for my 65 just weren't right, weren't what I wanted and didn't fit the way I had thought they would.

First set 225 50 15s
65MUS027.jpg

Second set 235 45 17 and 255 40 17
newtires3.jpg

All the same suspension.

I figured I would compile all the information people shared all the time, but only include it if people were able to answer all the questions about their suspension and other factors that affect the fit to try and make a concise authoritative source for wheel/tire combo and how someone with very little wheel specific knowledge could get a reasonable and accurate idea on how something would fit on their car given the current condition of the vehicle to simply help people avoid making the same mistake I did.

The only thing I didn't include that I wish I had at the time when I started where pictures (which I only have a few for) and alignment specs used since they seem to play a very critical role...I mean I run 245 40 17 on my car without rolled fenders in the front while others on the same wheel have rubbing issues with a 235 45.